A very important question about my hair, this rain and a wedding today

(10 Posts)
Flushedwithsomething Fri 16-Sep-16 07:53:38

I have very curly hair. It's a bit wild but generally ok. Does get quite frizzy by the end of the day and I have to leave it to dry naturally so walk around with wet hair for a couple of hours each morning - hate that.

Today is my best pals wedding. The dress I am wearing would definitely look better with my hair blow dried straight (more groomed/more grown up) BUT it is hammering it down outside. 5 mins walk back from hairdresser and 5 mins to the venue (ceremony and reception in the same place). Would you risk the FRIZZ? I can kinda do more to fix frizz if I leave my hair natural, but I would much rather it were straight. Dithering. Appt at 10am.

If it was me I'd be taking taxi's. My hair is the same and no way would I risk it.

Flushedwithsomething Fri 16-Sep-16 07:59:27

So you'd straighten but taxi? It is really, really close

GinAndOnIt Fri 16-Sep-16 08:29:49

Tricky. I'm in a similar dilemma - was hoping to blow dry hair straight to set it for the weekend wedding, but have errands to run today so now not sure.

I think risk it. Can you pop a serum in your bag to control any hugely frizzy bits? Mine always goes worst in the little bits around my face - maybe take a few hair grips so you can pin them back and smooth down if they frizz?

Flushedwithsomething Fri 16-Sep-16 12:35:41

Did it. Three minute taxis with a driver who thought I was mental but worth it! Bought a dehumidifying hair spray - fingers and follicles crossed!

Yay!! Did you stay sleek?

Flushedwithsomething Sat 17-Sep-16 07:24:24

Amazingly it did - I want straight hair all the time sad it is so hard to acheive with curly hair though! The manager of our hotel drove us to the wedding as she was too embarressed to call a taxi for such a short distance!

Pisssssedofff Sat 17-Sep-16 08:57:28

How long is your hair ? I've discovered after embracing the whole curly hair method thing that my hair is quite straight and then nautrally curls at the ends, would a bit of length help you ?

Flushedwithsomething Sun 18-Sep-16 06:09:32

Its full on ringlets that can look good but can also look like a wild ball of frizz! I live overseas in a hot and humid place which doesnt help. I have read the curly girl book and the method has changed my hair dramatically, but I just want to look groomed and grown up all the time. Would love permanent straightening but too scared!

Pisssssedofff Sun 18-Sep-16 07:33:29

Straight hair can look really scruffy and straggly too, I have been really looking at girls hair recently, most have thin ratty and tied back 90% of the time. My whole perception has changed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now