Zara sizes?

(15 Posts)
Florathefern Fri 16-Sep-16 00:18:02

I bought a skirt recently in a size medium which I found quite tight. I badly need to lose at least a stone and thought it might the sizing might be on the small side for that particular skirt.

I was on the website again this evening looking at another skirt and checked the sizing guide and it seems that a UK 10 is a Zara medium. I always thought a UK 10 was a size small. Has this changed? I remember reading something about Zara getting into trouble over their sizing before

The measurements for UK10 and Uk medium are
Chest 35.4
Waist 27.6
Hips 38.6

As I'm a size 12 on my bottom half, at least I know I may as well return the original skirt which is a size 10.

BeJayKayven Fri 16-Sep-16 00:22:09

I think Zara and Mango are small made. Iirc a Mango XL = a UK 14 and their plus size range starts at a UK 14

SesameSparkle Fri 16-Sep-16 00:46:39

I think better to check your own dimensions against the size guide on the website. I've just recently been shopping in zara after losing some weight (I was too big to shop there before.... hmm). I'm now a 12 in most high street shops and an L in zara - which agrees with the size guide. I actually managed to fit into an M in one of their skirts the other day - but that also makes sense cos it was quite stretchy and my hips are narrow, so probably more of a 10.

Jmangel Fri 16-Sep-16 04:54:36

Zara does come up small - only place with jeans that fit me but I always size up for tops as there's usually not much room for boobage!

HeadDreamer Fri 16-Sep-16 05:38:34

A size 10 is probably a medium in Spain smile

Just measure yourself.

Floisme Fri 16-Sep-16 07:03:05

As a rule I'm size 8-10 but I'm often a medium in Zara.

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 16-Sep-16 07:10:42

Zara comes up tiny!

Runningupthathill82 Fri 16-Sep-16 08:04:30

They're on the small side in Zara, for sure. I'm a size 8 usually, but my Zara jacket is a large as the medium wouldn't go over my boobs.

burnishedsilver Fri 16-Sep-16 08:14:23

I've always found Zara small and long.

cheeseandmarmite15 Fri 16-Sep-16 08:44:33

I agree they so come up on the small side and everything is cut quite narrow. I do buy a fair amount from there but depending on the item will sometimes pick a larger size. Especially jackets as I prefer a looser fit.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Fri 16-Sep-16 08:52:32

Zara comes up small (not as small as H&M - another thread). I'm a 10 and often a medium in there.

Oliversmumsarmy Fri 16-Sep-16 08:56:52

Another thread running about sizing. Those sizes used to be nearer a size 14

Florathefern Fri 16-Sep-16 08:57:24

Thanks everyone. I thought a small was an eight so got s shock last night. Thanks itgoes for mentioning H&M. I bought a size 12 shirt and it is stretched on me. My shape has changed since having kids. I was a small in Zara and now apparently a large. Time to get my trainers on and a lick for the fridge.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 16-Sep-16 10:31:20

Zara sizing drives me nuts. The cuts are wierd as well. I'm a 12 everywhere yet can't wear a Zara XL dress because the arms are cut so slim. Their trousers arent designed for anyone with even slightly curvy legs as well. I like a lot of their stuff but rarely go in because the sizing gives me the rage.

HeadDreamer Sat 17-Sep-16 03:46:49

Florathefern 8 would be XS. I wear 8 in H&M and 6 in other shops. And nothing from next, m&s as they are huge. I always buy XS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now