can you recommend an eyeshadow primer?

(14 Posts)
besshope Thu 15-Sep-16 21:08:22

..if that's what I need? my eyelids seem to be greasy blush confused and if I put eyeliner on it ends up all over the place like much higher up on my eyelid. Ditto eyeshadow I don't have much to spend on it. Thanks

DD has one of the Urban decay primers (original) in a little travel kit (mascara,eyeliner,primer ,setting spray for £15) no idea on what the full price is.

I have a Barbara Daly one and a Bare Mineral 5-in-1 (primer/eyeshadow) both have lasted months.

Benefit Lemonaid is well reviewed too (not tried it myself)

BennyTheBall Thu 15-Sep-16 21:21:03

I have all 3 of the Urban Decay. Nothing comes close, imo.

I have just turned 46 and my eye makeup stays perfect all day and evening - no creases whatsoever.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Thu 15-Sep-16 21:27:12

I've found the Nars one to be better than the UDs but it's so good that it makes blending eyeshadow a very lengthy process.

TheCatsWhiskers Thu 15-Sep-16 21:32:08

I find this Clinique one is really good without being chalky as I've found with some others. Eye make up always used to slide off me, but this keeps it on all day with no creasing.

m.clinique.co.uk/product/1598/5169/Makeup/Eye-Shadows/Touch-Base-for-Eyes

OttoTheOnly Thu 15-Sep-16 21:33:49

Another Urban Decay fan here. I had the same issue OP where my eye make up would just disappear. The UD keeps it in place for hours.

ABunchOfFuckingPidgeys Thu 15-Sep-16 21:38:29

I love Urban Decay too. I recently bought the naked 3 palette and was pleased to find some eye primer samples inside smile

I also have one by E.L.F, it's my next favourite and as it's only a few pounds it goes in my bag if we are staying at families etc, or I'll use when pissing about with different shadows to see what looks I can get.

BennyTheBall Thu 15-Sep-16 21:47:36

I have never tried the ELF one, but I love their brushes and their eyelash curler, which cost me about $2 in Target is infinitely superior to my Shu Uemera ones which were, I think, about £20.

besshope Thu 15-Sep-16 21:54:39

brilliant - thanks all flowers I've splashed out and just ordered a travel size of the UD one (£8) and will report back once I've tried it

catinbooots Thu 15-Sep-16 21:56:06

Everyone I know raves about the UD one. I just bought the MUA one today as online reviews say it is almost as good as UD

justilou Fri 16-Sep-16 10:25:34

The Essence one is really cheap and almost as good as UD.

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Fri 16-Sep-16 14:15:26

W7 Get Set. Only £3. It's so brilliant.

FireCrotch Fri 16-Sep-16 14:18:08

Was just about to say W7 it's even cheaper now. This is it.

MaxineRockatansky Fri 16-Sep-16 14:18:15

This from Essence.

Better than UD primers imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now