Eliminating post-pregnancy bumps on arms?

(8 Posts)
MotherofPearl Thu 15-Sep-16 11:55:56

I gave birth to my third DC 4 months ago, and just as after my previous pregnancies, I've noticed that since the birth I have horrible little bumps all over my upper arms and shoulders (keratosis pilaris?). I've tried various body scrubs to try to eliminate them, but with no luck? Anyone had any success with treating these? What products/treatments worked for you? IIRC this sorted itself out eventually after the last two, but it's unsightly and I want it gone!

taybert Thu 15-Sep-16 13:41:02

You need a cream with a high urea content. Like flexitol (I realise it's for feet but that's the sort of thing you need).

Phillipa12 Thu 15-Sep-16 13:58:39

The absolute bain of my life, i also got them on my outer thighs! I use coconut oil 2/3 times a week and it has cleared mine up nicely.

andadietcoke Thu 15-Sep-16 14:06:06

How odd. Pregnancy got rid of mine!!

MotherofPearl Thu 15-Sep-16 14:47:00

Thanks so much for the replies. Taybert, I always have a tube of Flexitol on the go during the summer for my feet, so am keen to give it a go on the bumpy arms. Do you think daily?
If this doesn't work I'll try Phillipa's coconut oil. Lucky you Dietcoke; it is odd how pregnancy seems to affect everyone in different ways!

taybert Thu 15-Sep-16 16:00:49

Yeah, stick it on exam day and see how you go.

taybert Thu 15-Sep-16 16:01:00

Exam? Every!

MotherofPearl Sat 24-Sep-16 20:50:38

Just a quick update. Taybert, the Flexitol is working a treat. Thanks again, I'd never have thought of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now