Can you educate me about "Muslim" fashion?

(11 Posts)
dudsville Mon 12-Sep-16 20:42:44

Please forgive me, if there's a better way of referring to this I do not know it but am happy to learn! Long story short, being white, western and athiest I have purchased a modest swimming costume on line. It's really cute. A little dress with leggings. I don't like showing my body off and this does the trick. With it came a magazine with other things on offer, some of which I'm interested in but is in another language and looks v polyester based. It led me to wonder, what are good brands with quality fabrics? (And how should I best refer to this fashion?)

olderthanyouthink Mon 12-Sep-16 20:49:05

I'm not expert (at all) but it think it's called hijabi fashion. Also I've had ads on youtube for modisana, they seem to do quite nice silk scarves, though I've never bought anything from them.

ShatterResistant Mon 12-Sep-16 20:50:04

I think it's called "modest fashion"?

dudsville Mon 12-Sep-16 20:51:04

Aha, hijab, thank you! Modisana is where my swimming costume is from. They had some nice floaty looking tunics and such on offer that I like the look of.

dudsville Mon 12-Sep-16 20:52:38

I will try that too thanks shatter! I'm really excited about these new ideas. I really don't deep v necks.

UntidyAn0n Mon 12-Sep-16 20:52:45

Pinterest Hijab fashion
There's tons of stuff, lots of beautifully put together outfits from the British high street.

BabooshkaKate Mon 12-Sep-16 20:54:01

Dina Tokio on YouTube has great look books.

SwedishEdith Mon 12-Sep-16 20:56:22

Uniqlo had a range of fashions for muslim women like this. It's in the sale now so don't know if this was a one-off.

dudsville Mon 12-Sep-16 20:58:25

Thanks all. I'm just heading to bed now but will Google during my morning commute!

Oldraver Mon 12-Sep-16 21:03:27

I got waylaid looking at Modenisa a while ago. They had some lovely half modest covered costumes.

I loved thisone, though the ad has follwed me for a week

niminypiminy Tue 13-Sep-16 08:35:05

Ruh Collective is modest high fashion - some lovely pieces, and all made ethically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now