exhibit a or exhibit b?

(20 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 12:41:07

seafolly

Or

joules

I actually prefer the seasalt on me but how much use will it be for winter? Does anyone use one of these in winter with warm stuff under?
The joules one is very cosy but doesn't suit me quite as much imo. But it is so very cosy.. ..

Runningupthathill82 Mon 12-Sep-16 13:25:02

Definitely A. The gold studs on the Joules one are awful.
That said, I see that Seafolly coat EVERYWHERE. It's become a m/c cliche IMO, which would put me off buying it.

ageingrunner Mon 12-Sep-16 13:29:03

I prefer the joules one. The sea salt one doesn't look very substantial.

SesameSparkle Mon 12-Sep-16 13:37:28

In my experience seasalt rainwear is much better quality than joules. I don't have the seafolly, but I don't think it's a very warm coat. Why don't you have a look at the rest of the range to see if there is a more padded/cosier style that you fancy?

takesnoprisoners Mon 12-Sep-16 13:37:58

A. B is common and everyone I know wears one similar.

keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 13:47:01

Gah!! I prefer the look of the seasalt but it's not going to keep me warm in the depths of winter. Plus it's a lot more expensive than I paid for the joules one in the sale. But I still like it more!
Do seasalt do discounts regularly?

SesameSparkle Mon 12-Sep-16 14:03:23

Yes they do, they had a 20% off code quite recently. I'd suggest signing up for their emails.

ChipInTheSugar Mon 12-Sep-16 14:09:07

The sea salt one isn't long enough to keep you warm!

keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 14:13:11

I'm not so keen on any of the other seasalt coats. Just not my style whereas I really like the seafolly. I like that it fits nice at the shoulders but istill roomy at the waist. I wonder if this is actually strangely better for me than a fitted waist. I feel like the joules one draws attention to my chest somehow and makes me look bulkier.

waitinglistquery Mon 12-Sep-16 14:14:01

I order the Joules one. Crew often have similar so could be worth looking there.

SesameSparkle Mon 12-Sep-16 14:23:57

They do do a longer version of the seafolly if it helps. But it's still more of an autumn/spring coat. If you don't like the rest of the collection you might be better of with the joules, unless you go for something completely different?

burnishedsilver Mon 12-Sep-16 14:43:22

Exhibit A looks like paddington bears coat. The joules coat is much better for a grown woman.

keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 14:47:22

grin

keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 16:24:26

Compared to something like this?

ReturnofSaturn Mon 12-Sep-16 18:04:09

I agree with burnished, I couldn't ever be seen dead in the first coat, looks like something a 5 year old would wear. grinflowers

keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 18:52:36

Is it cos I is hanging on to my yoof?!
Dh was a bit on the fence (he probably just wants to say 'the right thing'!)
9 yo Dd was quite clear that the seasalt is boring and the joules is stylish with all the buttons and stuff.
I like the seasalt for its cuteness but maybe it's a bit too cute?? Really I'd love a wool peacoat but that isn't going to keep me cosy and dry on the school run is it?
I like the joules as it is cosy. But it's just a bit....boring.

Prefer the second. The first looks like a coat for a toddler.

burnishedsilver Mon 12-Sep-16 19:06:39

Perhaps you need to find an exhibit c.

BikeRunSki Mon 12-Sep-16 19:08:55

Rohan do a more weatherproof "performance" pea coat . The kilns is to the men's version, there is a lady's coat by the sane babe, but it is less pea coat-y.

keeponkeepinon Mon 12-Sep-16 19:47:08

I agree burnished, perhaps I need to look elsewhere. The joules one was reduced by £120 down to £50 which is why I ordered it. It does look a bit smarter for work but where can I find something else that is smart enough for work, warm and dry enough for the school run and also stylish enough for a cosy walk out to the pub in the evening this winter?
I like that rohan ladies one but it's a bit out of budget at the moment.
Waterproof and wool peacoat that nips in at the waist, doesnt make your chest look twice as big and keeps your head dry???......it's my holy grail coat!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now