Princessing for those short on time.

(10 Posts)
Heirhelp Mon 12-Sep-16 10:19:44

I currently have a small baby and feel that if I could do a few things to look better it would help me feel better about my post baby body.

The only suggestion I have is quick blow dry spray, it is excellent for my thick hair. Does anybody else have any suggestions to share?

Cakescakescakes Mon 12-Sep-16 10:50:17

Dry shampoo - have tried them all and the Klorane one is best. The others have such overpowering fragrances. A quick spritz through the front of my hair on day 2 and I can brush it out and 2 seconds with the straighteners and my hair looks freshly washed again.

Also keeping your eyebrows plucked/waxed. Really makes your face look tidier. I go to a brow bar in the middle of our local shopping centre (glam I know) so i can park the buggy beside me while they do it. Saves trying to find time for a babysitter etc.

I also found setting y clothes out the night before really helped as instead of pulling out the first clean thing i could find in the morning it means I have actually spent 30 seconds thinking about something that at least coordinates and looks a bit more together.

Reading rest of the thread with interest!

Cakescakescakes Mon 12-Sep-16 10:51:44

Also having a nice coat. Doesn't matter what is underneath but I have a lovely bright coat to throw on for the school run that covers everything so I look presentable.

myfriendnigel Mon 12-Sep-16 11:25:42

What is quick blow dry spray?? And where d'you get it!!??

CookiesAreMyBesties Mon 12-Sep-16 11:48:11

Showers and hair done the night before so it just needs a brush. Outfits picked and left out with underwear. Mornings are hectic enough with dhs and dcs.

Pisssssedofff Mon 12-Sep-16 17:12:17

Drink loads of water, every time you want a biscuit have a glass of water, my friend put on 5 stone after the baby was born eating shit, just no need for it at all.

Heirhelp Mon 12-Sep-16 18:39:20

Quick dry hair spray
www.gooseberryshop.co.uk/kms-california-freeshape-quick-blow-dry-200ml.html?gclid=COTKvqmvis8CFdMV0wodcTALKA

Whatthequack Mon 12-Sep-16 19:43:45

I get gel nails done once a fortnight. It takes the beautician 30 minutes and it means I don't have to worry about how my nails look or spend time painting them every few days.

I also second klorane dry shampoo, I've a sensitive scalp, and it's the only one that doesn't break me out.

myfriendnigel Tue 13-Sep-16 12:42:28

Thank you for the link-I've just bought some for a tenner on Amazon-if it even takes a quarter of the time off my drying it will be worth every penny!

nickdrakeslovechild Tue 20-Sep-16 20:54:53

OMG that quick blow dry spray is amazing, tried it for the first time today and it was at least half the time it usually takes and my hair is amazing and swishy. Even DP said my hair looks good. Best mumsnet tip ever! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now