Parlux- which one do I need?

(20 Posts)
FenellaMaxwell Mon 12-Sep-16 08:08:38

Thinking it's time to replace my ancient £10 superdrug hairdryer and I hear so many good things about the Parlux on here I'm thinking it's the way forward. But which one do I want?!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 12-Sep-16 08:12:02

The basic Parlux 3200 compact. It's not compact in spite of its name it's the one they use in salons and is fantastic.

FenellaMaxwell Mon 12-Sep-16 09:52:15

Thanks Dame! I am adding it to my Christmas list grin

FenellaMaxwell Mon 12-Sep-16 09:53:05

Our baby is due in Feb, and I can't bear not having clean hair so I figure anything that helps me feel like a human being in half the time is a sound investment!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 12-Sep-16 09:55:03

Yeah, you'll love it!

Frazzled2207 Mon 12-Sep-16 10:15:43

Sorry to derail slightly, are they worth it? I have very unruly hair that needs drying and straightening, could it possibly reduce the need for straightening?

NattyGolfJerkin Mon 12-Sep-16 10:22:10

I have the 365 and love it. It is quick, fairly quiet, light and does a good job of smoothing. It has enough settings on it without being too gadgety (I end up buying things that are all singing, all dancing and only ever use the basic programmes).

The main thing for me is the extra long flex, I hate the shitty short power lead you get with bog standard Argos/high street type dryers.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 12-Sep-16 10:39:23

Yes, they're really powerful and tame my frizzy mop. They cut about 10-15 mins off drying time too for me.

MadisonMontgomery Mon 12-Sep-16 12:20:33

I don't know which model I have - bought it as it was a nice shade of pink blush but it is fab. Super powerful, plus it makes my hair nice & shiny.

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 13-Sep-16 11:30:10

Sorry, mine is the 3*8*5, don't know where I got 365 from. Noticed it has a big crack in the body this morning angry, obviously been dropped/knocked. Will probably have to replace as the crack is so big that the plastic folds back and exposes the coiled copper wiring / guts inside.

FenellaMaxwell Mon 19-Sep-16 06:31:08

Ok, my original hairdryer sped up this process considerably by dying a sudden death yesterday so a Parlux 3200 is currently on its way to me. Fingers crossed it tames my messy head!!

sami2885 Thu 22-Sep-16 07:45:13

Ooh just noticed this discussion! I have the 3200. I've had it for ten years without fault *touches wood* Well worth the investment. I love all the different heat settings and will definately get another once this eventually packs in smile

FenellaMaxwell has yours arrived yet? What do you think?

Sendraboots Thu 22-Sep-16 07:49:36

i have the this one it's also useful for straightening out clothing grin

FenellaMaxwell Thu 22-Sep-16 14:33:14

Oh good lord how have I gone so long without one of these?!?!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 22-Sep-16 14:53:44

I know, incredible, aren't they?😁

Tiredandtested Thu 22-Sep-16 16:35:11

Would you be happy to advise why they're so good? I keep reading threads but struggled to justify the cost.
I have short, thick, straight hair with a tendency for lankness.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 22-Sep-16 18:52:58

* More powerful than anything you've used before.

* Because of the power it knocks out any frizz.

* Very easy to get volume into the roots as it's so powerful.

* As mine has lasted 4 years so far ( I think!) It works out cheaper as I used to get through a £45 drier every couple of years.

* It's FAST, has cut down drying time from 20 mins+ to 10 mins.

* It's a lovely red colourgrin

FenellaMaxwell Thu 22-Sep-16 19:25:21

To echo what Dame said - it's so much quicker and your hair dries so much smoother even when rough drying it. It's a lot quieter than my old hairdryer too. Dame is wrong about the lovely red colour though - a lovely purple colour is what you want! grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 22-Sep-16 19:31:23

Yes, much quieter and super long cord!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 22-Sep-16 19:32:09

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now