Mascara recommendations please

(17 Posts)
sooperdooper Sun 11-Sep-16 09:24:09

Anyone fancy recommending me a decent mascara to try that's lengthening and thickening but not clumpy?

I've recently tried Benefit 'They're real' but found it really dry and I'm currently using Soap and Glory 'Thick and fast' but unimpressed - help!

Willing to spend up to about £20 smile

MinervaMcG Sun 11-Sep-16 09:26:47

Have you tried tubing mascara? A few of the high end brands are doing it, but I see that Boots No7 has brought one out.
No7 Stay Perfect mascara
They're brilliant, so good if you tend to smudge and clump.

rosesandcashmere Sun 11-Sep-16 09:27:46

Lancôme hypnose is lovely
Loreal volume coture is also great at the lower end

rosesandcashmere Sun 11-Sep-16 09:28:50

For tubing blinc is amazing but it's a pfaff to apply as so wet. I save for occasions when I will cry or holidays

botemp Sun 11-Sep-16 09:30:31

Chanel Inimitable Intense is brilliant, although since I'm not in the UK not sure if it meets your budget. Dither around at the counter long enough, pretend to be an indecisive mess and they'll usually give you a sample tube that'll last you for weeks.

tellyjots Sun 11-Sep-16 09:30:43

Try bourjois volume reveal. Superdrug has/ had an offer on buy 1 get 1 half price. It only cost me £3- well worth it.

Oh2beatsea Sun 11-Sep-16 09:44:13

I've just bought the new Boujous one with a mirror on the side. It was on offer in Boots yesterday and it's amazing!!! The brush is really fine so it coats all your tiny lashes beautifully. I've got really pale eye lashes and it made them look fantastic- absolutely no clumping or clogging!!

sooperdooper Sun 11-Sep-16 10:08:55

Amazing thank you everyone I'll take a trip to boots this week and investigate all these great suggestions smile

Iliketeaagain Sun 11-Sep-16 10:15:36

I really like Lancôme hypnose doll eyes.
I'm always asked who does my eyelash extensions when I wear it or if I've had a lash lift etc.
I wouldn't use anything else anymore.

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 11-Sep-16 10:20:18

I love my Max Factor clump defy extensions mascara, it has honestly never clumped!

Emgem88 Mon 12-Sep-16 21:03:18

Clinique high impact mascara, pricey but worth it!

I second Max factor mascaras, as a drugstore alternative along with seventeen falsifeye mascara.

NattyGolfJerkin Mon 12-Sep-16 21:18:09

I like a waterproof formulation as I use eyelash curlers and waterproof holds the curl all day long (non waterproof makes mine flop within minutes). My current favourite is L'Oreal Volume Million Waterproof, I'm on about my 10th tube. My only criticism is that it dries out very quickly, though at less than £10 a tube and often on 3 for 2, it's not a big issue.

I also really like Max Factor False Lashes Waterproof.

Higher end, non waterproof I like YSL faux cils (the wp version is crap though) or Dior's original Diorshow. Both are fab but with the L'Oreal & Max Factor being so good for less than half the price, it's a no brainier.

NattyGolfJerkin Mon 12-Sep-16 21:18:48

*brainer

justilou Tue 13-Sep-16 20:24:13

Love Maybelline Lash Sensational (waterproof one)... Also loving Innisfree Skinnycara (long) for bottom lashes. You'd probably need to get it from Amazin.

justilou Tue 13-Sep-16 20:24:32

*AMAZON

Lndnmummy Tue 13-Sep-16 21:58:02

Eyeko drama curl is fabulous. The only non tube mascara that doesnt flake on me

Ackvavit Tue 13-Sep-16 22:01:27

If you like Benefit they do one with a pink lid...I alternate between "they're real" and the pink lidded one...BUT...buy the small one. It's 9.99 ish and the beauty is you use it up before it gets dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now