Which dress?

(19 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 19:51:10

I have a baptism to attend tomorrow, but have left choosing an outfit to the last minute blush not good considering I'm 33 weeks pregnant and the size of a house blush
I've narrowed it down to 3 possibles. These are the only church-appropriate outfits I have that I think I can still fit into - they all have a pretty good amount of "stretch".
Which one??

hecallsmebunny Sat 10-Sep-16 20:00:23

You must make a good house if those are the options! wink I personally like the red one. Enjoy the day

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 20:01:55

The one I have is the same style as the red, but it's more of a purplish-burgundy.
I do like that one, but that's the one that is more likely to be a bit of squeeze blush

ProseccoBitch Sat 10-Sep-16 20:03:00

I love the red one.

BikeRunSki Sat 10-Sep-16 20:06:31

The black one with the see through panels is not very church appropriate (NB - my experience of churches is largely Catholic).

luckiestgirl Sat 10-Sep-16 20:06:37

I think number 3 is most baptism friendly. The others look a bit sexy.

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 20:08:16

Oops Sorry, I should have said in the OP - those aren't pictures of the actual dresses I have, but they are close in style!
The Red: mine is more purplish/burgundy
The Black: pretty much the same but does not have the lace, see-through panels!! It's solid fabric all the way down.
The Maxi: more or less exactly the same.

PotatoBread Sat 10-Sep-16 20:08:16

First dress. That was the style I found most flattering when I was pregnant. No 3 has the possibility to be a bit tent like. No 2 probs not appropriate for church

PotatoBread Sat 10-Sep-16 20:08:59

Oh, didn't realise your version of the black dress doesn't have the see through panels! Still, first dress IMO

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 20:09:11

Potato yeah I'm a bit paranoid about the maxi dress looking like a tent confused

DietCockBreak Sat 10-Sep-16 20:15:54

Number 3 looks lovely for a baptism. Number 1 would do as well. Not number 2 with the black lace see-through panels though!

Cellardoor23 Sat 10-Sep-16 20:18:20

What's your skin colour? I know that probably sounds random, but if you are quite pale, the black will make you look a bit washed out. I love the cut and shape of the dress though, more so than the other ones.

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 20:18:59

I am see-through pale, very dark brown hair.

SymbollocksInteractionism Sat 10-Sep-16 20:23:48

Dress 1 or 2, see what feels comfortable tomorrow!

Cellardoor23 Sat 10-Sep-16 20:28:53

I would go with the black one. You may need to make your makeup a bit bolder though. Maybe a bright lipstick or something?

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 20:51:29

Thank you all smile I will try on the black and the red in the morning and let you know which one I decide on smile

luckiestgirl Sat 10-Sep-16 23:10:18

Oh I change my mind then. Number two should be fine if it doesn't have the sexy panels.

burnishedsilver Sun 11-Sep-16 09:51:42

No 3 is the only one with a bit of extra fabric in the pleats. I think the other two might look too stretched and a bit night clubby. I'd go with no 3.

MyBreadIsEggy Sun 11-Sep-16 14:26:41

Thanks all for your input!!
Red one was more of a squeeze than I anticipated blush so didn't wear that one.
I decided on the maxi dress because it's roasting hot here today....then Dd proceeded to smear banana on it just before we left. So I wore the black one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now