Nude or similar control tights for a wedding

(3 Posts)
reup Sat 10-Sep-16 13:31:11

I haven't bought tights in decades and my overriding memory of them is they ladder as I put them on. Have to get some for a wedding and will be having manicure and pedicure the day before so hopefully no scaggy bits on nails to cause damage.

I would quite like control but not if they are uncomfortable all day.

Also I have a long body so don't want ones that fall down (god I remember wearing another pair of pants on top in the 80s!)

Also I have the whitest legs ever ( i recently bought 2 types of the palest make up to cover up varicose veins and they both just looked liked I daubed fake tan over me!)

Ideally I don't want to spend a fortune as I can't imagine wearing them again much.

Thanks

wowfudge Sat 10-Sep-16 14:52:56

Ime they only start falling down if you have bought too small a size. Lycra, etc mean they fit well and stay up otherwise. Try Marks and Spencer - they have a huge range without you needing to spend a fortune. Buy two pairs so you've got a spare pair in case of a ladder. Light support tights tend to be slightly thicker than the very thin natural ones and harder to catch with nails, etc. The body shaper sort are what you are looking for. Or wear shape wear pants and normal tights.

reup Sun 11-Sep-16 14:22:27

Thanks. I've lost weight so hopefully they won't be too small this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now