Anyone else feel like a tit wearing a

(62 Posts)
RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 12:39:23

biker jacket? I want to like it but I feel ridiculous in it.

Spent nearly £300 on one from Jigsaw - gutted.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 10-Sep-16 12:41:11

No why?!

Can you return it?

What are you wearing it with?

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 10-Sep-16 12:42:31

Why did you buy it if it made you feel like a tit?? grin I don't think people look tittish in them so just persevere and rock it! Maybe it just needs wearing in a bit?

KittyKrap Sat 10-Sep-16 12:46:50

Crikey. I wear mine all the time! blush

Alwaysmeadulting Sat 10-Sep-16 12:48:02

Yes. I look like a roadie for Status Quo.
I see other Mums wear one and they look great. But me, it looks like I should accessorise it with a guitar amp. I look better in blazer type jackets. Which is unfortunate as I am inherently scruffy.grin

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 10-Sep-16 12:48:09

just wear it....I got one a couple of years back in a charity shop...bargain of the century at £10

I thought it might be a bit OTT for a woman of my age, but have a dd who would have selflessly taken it on if required....but I put a pic on fb to garner some opinions and after many favourable comments I wear it loads!

I am loving this time or year too, it's going to come out of the coat cupboard again! grin

It's a classic imo...but what is it you don't like? Pic??

sausagefest Sat 10-Sep-16 12:49:04

I do know what you mean. A bit try hard.
They're a bit of a mum cliché now maybe.

RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 12:50:17

I think other people look really cool in them which is why I bought one. Sorry, I didn't mean people look silly in them just wondered if anyone felt silly.

I'm not wearing it all, after feeling daft in it a couple of times. It's the washed Jigsaw one.

RoganJosh Sat 10-Sep-16 12:50:28

I bought one last year. I just looked a bit trussed up.
I took it back.

RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 12:52:41

It's this one
jacket

I have several and love them. They suit my style. Don't care if it's a 'mum cliche' - whatever the heck that means - I'm looking forward for it to get a bit cooler, so I can wear them again.

RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 12:54:32

Are you me Alwaysmeadulting?? PMSL - that's just how I feel. I am a blazer girl with not one ounce of rock and roll in my soul. grin

The one you've linked to is lovely, but if you're unsure about it, personally I'd buy a cheaper one to start with and see how much you wear it.

RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 12:56:39

I definitely don't think it's a "mum cliche" I think they look fab on other people just gutted (slight exaggeration) that they don't look good on me.

RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 12:57:21

I've bought it already Remus - £298 shock

magicstar1 Sat 10-Sep-16 13:00:18

No, probably because I have a bike wink

Cookingongas Sat 10-Sep-16 13:03:14

It's lovely! I'm sore you look great in it! - if not and you happen to be a size 16 , is it for sale?;) -

Cookingongas Sat 10-Sep-16 13:03:27

Sure

sausagefest Sat 10-Sep-16 13:04:20

Sorry that sounded really rude. They look good on other people. Just on me they look like I'm trying to be something I'm not, like I'm trying too hard to be one the mum fashion blogs. Hence the word cliché.

But lots of people look great in them.

RosieLig Sat 10-Sep-16 13:05:00

I think I will put it on eBay - it's a 10 sorry! Yes, magic star I bet you look amazing in yours - well jel. grin

helenatroy Sat 10-Sep-16 13:11:26

Bet you look nothing like a roadie. Put it on blank your face out and post a picture. It's a lovely jacket. Wear a feminine colour under it and do something girly with your hair. I have a similar one in grey and I have a chunkier build that you and I still love it. Mind you I buy berets all the time, leave the house thinking I look great then catch sight of me self in a shop window and feel like an extra from ello ello. Have even been know to chuck it in a nearby skip.

Floisme Sat 10-Sep-16 13:13:46

I like them but it doesn't really matter what we think. If you've spent £300 on something and don't bloody love it then it's not right for you. Is it too late to take it back? At least Jigsaw normally fetches a good price on Ebay.

£300 and you weren't even sure if you liked it?! I'm sure it looks fine.

FellOutOfBed2wice Sat 10-Sep-16 13:15:16

They don't work on me. Sorry, not RTFT but do you have big boobs? I do and they look just very weird on me.

SemiNormal Sat 10-Sep-16 13:15:40

I love biker jackets but I got too fat for my last one so gave it to my neice.

I cannot, however, pull off wearing a parka - everyone else wearing them seems to look cool and casual in them, I look like a fat fucking farmer in mine - last time I wore it my neice asked me if I was pregnant!! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now