My skin is so dry

(23 Posts)
braceybracegirl Sat 10-Sep-16 08:21:11

And my pores are blocked round my nose. I really don't know what to do. I exfoliate I look after my skin. I've tried loads of different moisturisers. I just want my foundation not to look patchy and flaky which is due to my dry skin.

braceybracegirl Sat 10-Sep-16 08:21:33

I use a serum and a primer before foundation.

braceybracegirl Sat 10-Sep-16 18:28:49

Anyone? I've been trying to resolve this for ages.

DrinaDancesInParis Sat 10-Sep-16 22:15:42

What cleanser are you using? Lush Ultrabland + flannel sorts out my dry, flaky yet also spot prone skin! I also use Lush Skin Drink moisturiser but I think it's the Ultrabland that makes the difference.

Kennington Sat 10-Sep-16 22:18:55

Urea based moisturiser, try eucerin but without the Shea butter as this clogs pores
And salicylic acid toner should unblock pores but you will have to thoroughly cleanse first

braceybracegirl Sun 11-Sep-16 13:32:01

Thank you do you have links to any of these products?

PaperdollCartoon Sun 11-Sep-16 13:41:41

You want Sukin facial moisturiser. It's the only thing that works on my dry skin. That plus their miscellor cleansing water and coconut oil are pretty much the only things I put on my skin now. Highly recommend.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 11-Sep-16 13:42:42

sukinorganics.com

I'm always being complimented on my skin. I also drink at least 8 pints of water a day.

braceybracegirl Sun 11-Sep-16 14:41:30

8 pints!!! shock

MaryDoloresOHoolihan Sun 11-Sep-16 14:58:12

Nivea creme in the blue pot sorted my dreadfully dry skin.

JamieVardysParty Sun 11-Sep-16 15:34:33

What exfoliator do you use? A scrub or an acid-based toner? Scrubs are actually very damaging to your skin and will dry it out further.

I have very dry skin and use The Body Shop Vitamin E cleanser, FAB glycolic pads, Clarins oil and Nivea daily moisturiser with Origins Drink Up mask as a 1-2 weekly treat. My skin now feels great and make up looks amazing.

hollinhurst84 Sun 11-Sep-16 15:38:49

Sheet masks (Tony moly are good) off eBay or from tk Maxx. Pat the excess in after you take it off and put a moisturiser on top. They're mega cheap on eBay

This under your moisturiser - £6 and great
http://ordinaries.com/product/rdn-hyaluronic-acid-2pct-b5-30ml

braceybracegirl Sun 11-Sep-16 16:32:36

Jamievardysparty don't you find the glycolic pads dehydrating? I had stopped using an exfoliator but woman at no 7 counter told me to use one cos would clear pores and reduce dryness.

braceybracegirl Sun 11-Sep-16 16:33:36

Which clarins oil do you use?

JamieVardysParty Sun 11-Sep-16 16:47:40

Nope, I really like the First Aid Beauty ones as they have no alcohol in them so are less dehydrating. Traditional exfoliators/scrubs are more likely to contain alcohol and other ingredients that damage and dry out your skin further, making it more flaky. How often do you exfoliate? The FAB pads are gentle enough that you can use every day.

The Clarins oil is the Blue Orchid one. I like that it comes with a dropper so you don't waste product etc. Also drinking 2.5litres of water a day and dropping caffeine has made a big, big difference.

JamieVardysParty Sun 11-Sep-16 16:48:31

Nope, I really like the First Aid Beauty ones as they have no alcohol in them so are less dehydrating. Traditional exfoliators/scrubs are more likely to contain alcohol and other ingredients that damage and dry out your skin further, making it more flaky. How often do you exfoliate? The FAB pads are gentle enough that you can use every day.

The Clarins oil is the Blue Orchid one. I like that it comes with a dropper so you don't waste product etc. Also drinking 2.5litres of water a day and dropping caffeine has made a big, big difference.

Karcheer Sun 11-Sep-16 16:56:13

E45 has revolutionised my skin. It used to be dry, itchy, spotty, congested. Now it's much better.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 11-Sep-16 16:57:10

I find that primers really knacker up my skin - they bring me out in spots, and seem to wreck the texture of my skin too.

I'd probably go back to basics if I were you - gentle cleanser, maybe gentle rub with a flannel, and simple but nourishing moisturiser. Then only add in other bits as and when your skin was definitely ok ish.

DerelictMyBalls Sun 11-Sep-16 17:00:55

A thin layer of Hydraluron serum before your moisturiser. It's amazing stuff.

braceybracegirl Sun 11-Sep-16 18:26:18

Overwhelmed but grateful!

Kennington Sun 11-Sep-16 18:28:49

Sorry I have tried to link the eucerin products but it is the 5 percent moisturiser and the Vichy normaderm toner in a green bottle

PaperdollCartoon Sun 11-Sep-16 18:29:08

BraceyBrace yep about 8 pints. Sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less it that's a very fair average for most days. I do also wee constantly but I'm never dehydrated and hardly ever get spots. That feels like a natural amount though, I don't have to force it.

BIWI Sun 11-Sep-16 18:30:08

Drink lots of water and eat lots of lovely fat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now