Dresses

(15 Posts)
SheStoodInTheStorm Fri 09-Sep-16 20:14:18

I may be looking for the impossible! I'm after nice dresses but that are reasonable cheap. I'm a teacher in reception so often have glue/paint/snot/mud on me! Therefore don't want to spend loads but could do with a few new ones. Looked in supermarkets but nothing grabbing me. Am watching some on eBay but always hit and miss when they arrive!

Does anyone have any gems of places they'd be happy to share?

Thanks.

littlejeopardy Fri 09-Sep-16 20:17:32

ASOS is where I get my work dresses. Especially the sale section. I tend to go for the patterned tea dress type (which are cheaper than the actual workwear dresses) and wear with black tights and fitted cardigans.

HeyMicky Fri 09-Sep-16 20:19:59

La Redoute is not too expensive and are very flattering.

SheStoodInTheStorm Fri 09-Sep-16 21:39:37

Thanks little. Everyone finds lovely things on ASOS but I always struggle! Just had a quick look and couldn't really see anything.
Tea Dresses with leggings/tights is my default, hence wanting some more smile

SheStoodInTheStorm Fri 09-Sep-16 21:40:07

Never looked there HeyMickey, thanks!

Lucked Fri 09-Sep-16 21:45:08

Try house of Fraser, they have lots of Yumi tea dresses on sale, bit short for me but I am tall and probably fine with leggings.

Bolshybookworm Fri 09-Sep-16 22:36:09

Have you tried Ness? Bit mumsy but they have some really nice tea dresses. Wait for the sale, then they're £20-30 each.

In an ideal world I'd by fashionably androgynous shirt dresses from Cos, but I'm pear shaped so tea dresses it is!

daftbesom Sat 10-Sep-16 09:17:54

What is your budget per dress, roughly, OP?

MissBattleaxe Sat 10-Sep-16 09:22:26

I like Joe Browns dresses. i skp the ones that have random patches of crochet on and buy the nice one. I like Joe Browns because they do non mini-skirt length and they have sleeves. It's all I ask of a dress, but anyone would think I was being unreasonable.

SheStoodInTheStorm Sat 10-Sep-16 13:04:41

Probably £10-20 for work smile

hollieberrie Sat 10-Sep-16 15:17:28

Are you my colleague Storm?? grin We are EYES and were talking about work dresses this week!
I also go for this look for work and I get a lot of french connection tea dresses off eBay. Also some from H&M, Gap, Zara, Mango. Also Oliver Bonas and Louche (Joy) in the sale or eBay - find them too expensive otherwise.

hollieberrie Sat 10-Sep-16 15:17:51

EYFS even

daftbesom Mon 12-Sep-16 18:41:25

everything5pounds.com ?

TowerRose Mon 12-Sep-16 22:51:22

Dorothy Perkins usually have lovely dresses

Bulletpr00f Mon 12-Sep-16 23:01:58

Dp and believe or not Asda are your friends. And primark very occasionally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now