Silver shampoo

(6 Posts)
Mollypolly2610 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:37:26

Newbie and thought this was a safe place to start (long time lurker though) I have dyed blonde hair and it goes brassy so I use a silver shampoo but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Is there a proper way to use this shampoo i.e. Put it on dry hair and leave it before shampooing or something else I should try. Tips welcome

gottachangethename1 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:44:48

I use touch of silver to tone down brassiness. Wet hair, put blob of silver shampoo on, smooth it through hair and leave it for a good five minutes before rinsing. It won't perform miracles, but it does tone it down slightly.

kelper Thu 08-Sep-16 20:45:53

Bleach London do a fab silver shampoo and conditioner, it smells lovely and seems to tone my yellow down a tad

Mollypolly2610 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:54:07

Thanks for the advice Overseas so only have once choice of the shampoo! Will try leaving it on before showering

GiddyGiddyGoat Thu 08-Sep-16 20:57:01

Well you need to use it like any other shampoo - apply to wet hair, lather - but then leave for at least a few mins before rinsing. You can get touch of silver conditioner as well to use after...

hollieberrie Thu 08-Sep-16 21:08:04

I rate Bleach London too. But Touch of Silver is also quite good. Leave on for a good while is the key. I leave mine 10 mins at least - usually in the bath so i dont get cold!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now