Anthropologie - have I been unlucky or are they actually bobbins?

(5 Posts)
dragonsarebest Wed 07-Sep-16 22:01:52

Two online orders placed in the past two weeks. First one didn't turn up and no order confirmation received, I call customer services and was told the order had "failed" and was cancelled, my payment would be refunded....and then no refund and the item turned up four days later.

Order placed yesterday, paid for express shipping (1 business day) but the order still hasn't been shipped. Called customer services to find out what's up and was told it takes up to 48 business hours just to dispatch orders (although the website says delivery in one business day). No idea when order will be posted/arrive and Express apparently does not mean what it says on the website!

Have I been really unlucky or are they generally this shit?

bearofnothingness Wed 07-Sep-16 22:05:19

they are a bit wan like their webpage. a bit shoe gazing

elliefredericksen Thu 08-Sep-16 07:16:27

I think they're a bit emperors new clothes, they pull together lots of different brands, many cheap and not great quality, which styled together in their shops or online, look amazing. Many brands you can buy elsewhere for far less, although lots are American and don't ship here. Same as the Plumo catalogue. They are owned by the same group as Urban Outfitters and Free People.

I'd read the T&Cs carefully before you make a complaint, but if they say express delivery is one business day from placement of order (by a certain time), then you should say something. Definitely get your postage costs refunded.

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Thu 08-Sep-16 07:52:36

I ordered an e-gift voucher for my SIL - took 2 weeks of solid chasing to get it delivered to her.

dragonsarebest Thu 08-Sep-16 09:17:33

Mrs that's ridiculous. I just don't understand how a company of their size can be so poorly set up for online sales!

Ellie yes, looking closely it does say orders can take up to 48 hrs to process, but then goes on to say that delivery is 1 business day for express (3-5 for standard). For any other company, that would mean 1 business day from when the order is placed. Not sure what the point is of "express" if it'll take 4 days to arrive.

I did wonder if they've cut their customer services in the UK. The telephone number in the UK is not open 8am-8pm GMT as it says online, and directs through to the US (during US working hours). It's very odd. And frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now