Box brown hair dye *not* red!

(13 Posts)
Assam Wed 07-Sep-16 21:48:26

Ive seen it recommended on here before but i can't find it, someone found a brown hair dye that didn't have a red tinge can anyone remember?
I've tried all the 'ash' tone ones before to no avail...

Theconifers25 Wed 07-Sep-16 22:48:10

Clairol brass free brunettes? Can normally get it on Amazon

Gallunach Wed 07-Sep-16 23:57:45

Sorry to butt in on your thread Assam, but does anyone know what colour permanent supermarket dye I should get if the hairdresser used 6.8 Inoa dye. It's a mocha brown with no warmth in it. I love it but can't afford to get my roots done every month so need to do it myself.
Any hairdressers have an idea?
I need to colour my roots soon.
All suggestions appreciated 😀

Shiningexample Thu 08-Sep-16 00:28:16

they all potentially can fade to red because the underlying hair is lifted to red by the peroxide developer lotion

ontherightpath Thu 08-Sep-16 08:55:50

Assam, try Loreal Opera 6.21. It's the only brown dye I've found that doesn't fade to a reddish colour.

Gallunach, my hairdresser used a mix of Inoa 5 & 6.1 which has no warmth in it. There is no difference in colour between this and the Loreal opera.

dementedpixie Thu 08-Sep-16 09:00:23

I use garnier nutrisse 5.0 mocha brown and it doesn't seem to fade to red. I used it to cover red tones in my hair

Assam Thu 08-Sep-16 09:19:09

Thank you - will try.
Also very skint Gall i found a hairdresser who did a lovely brunette but its £80 !

Gallunach Thu 08-Sep-16 10:17:59

Thanks all.
I will have a look at the loreal opera and the garnier nutrisse. I just can't afford to have it professionally coloured every month.
Assam my hairdresser is £80 also given the exchange rate.
I just really want to have nice hair, but it is very expensive!

KitKats28 Thu 08-Sep-16 11:53:22

Superdrug own brand semi permanent in dark chocolate is a good "plain" brown. Semi is much less damaging to your hair as well so much better for home dye jobs. At 2 for a fiver, it's cheap too. My daughter uses it, and it only needs re-doing about every 4-6 weeks.

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Thu 08-Sep-16 12:00:42

Polycolour Tint in Natural Brown.

PuppyMonkey Thu 08-Sep-16 12:08:35

I also use Superdrug but the permanent ones. I'm on dark brown 5.0 and there's no red for me. Much better than the expensive brands - usually on offer for two for £7.

Gallunach Thu 08-Sep-16 13:21:02

No access to superdrug as I am overseas but thanks.
Will have a look at the polycolor one too.
Hair dye is a mystery to me. Hopefully I get the right shade. I will look fabulous if I end up with a stripe.

Assam Sun 11-Sep-16 18:18:46

Success with Garnier nutrisse mocha!
Couldn't find the L'Oreal one so tried this & v happy (so far...fibgers crossed it doesn't fade to red😬)
It is/'warm' but not red.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now