Electric cleansing brushes?

(8 Posts)
ppandj Tue 06-Sep-16 19:57:12

Are they really good? I realise I might be well behind the times but i am wondering whether these products really do the trick. Any recommendations would be welcome and obviously if they're just a fad then what's a better alternative?

thereisnocheese Tue 06-Sep-16 23:02:43

I've been wondering this too, but am trialing using facecloth twice a day with an evening cleanser step added in. I'm hoping to see a big improvement in the next month. If not then maybe I need the electronic cleanser or a new face!

EmGee Tue 06-Sep-16 23:09:18

Don't bother. I have the Philips Visapure. Didn't do anything at all and of course, it is just sitting gathering dust now apart from when I remember to use it not very often. Cheese's face cloth method a lot cheaper and as effective IME!

wowfudge Wed 07-Sep-16 07:25:01

Yeah, I've got a cheap one from Also sitting in a drawer. I've used it three times in a year. Just something else to clean.

LordEmsworth Wed 07-Sep-16 07:29:51

I have the Clinique one, and it's amazing. I felt the difference after a couple of uses and after a couple of months, my skin looked better. Smoother and more glowing. Would not be without it now...

dailyarsewipe Wed 07-Sep-16 07:31:03

Same here, the Clinique one is brilliant

suchafuss Wed 07-Sep-16 19:31:34

They can tend to be over stimulating if you have bad/oily skin. I found double cleansing with a muslin cloth much more effective at improving my skin.

ppandj Wed 07-Sep-16 20:27:32

Ah, interesting suchafuss. I do have oily skin and I think it can easily get aggravated. I normally use Liz Earle cleanse and polish with the muslin but recently I don't feel like it's "clean" enough, which is why I am considering alternatives. I might just try double cleansing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now