Mac - Velvet Teddy dupes

(11 Posts)
Balletgirlmum Sun 04-Sep-16 23:26:34

Is it correct that the Rimmel Kate & MUA lipsticks are the same colour?

It's for dd. The craze amongst he school friends is for MAC velvet teddy - she tried a tester yesterday & it does suit her.

mrsclooneytoyou Sun 04-Sep-16 23:28:23

Rimmel Kate in 08 i think is the Mac dupe

bearofnothingness Sun 04-Sep-16 23:29:52

just get the mac, it lasts ages i have the velvet teddy it's really nice.

still i'm 47 grin

was going to rant about how mad lipstick crazes are then remembered how many of us had twilight teaser

Balletgirlmum Sun 04-Sep-16 23:32:15

lol - I'm 42 but she's only 14!

Ornacia Sun 04-Sep-16 23:33:08

Useful maybe smile.

I look like a corpse in Velvet Teddy.

Balletgirlmum Sun 04-Sep-16 23:33:11

Another thing I read that the Mac wasn't good if you get chapped lips (which she does in winter).

Balletgirlmum Sun 04-Sep-16 23:34:57

We also spent hours yesterday trying every blusher tester in numerous shops to try & find an alternative to Bobbi Brown pink nude! There is a new Kiko one coming out soon which is very close!

bearofnothingness Sun 04-Sep-16 23:36:16

mac lipsticks are really good. Urban decay have bought out a really good range too lately called 'vice' i think they are a bit better than mac so far!

Balletgirlmum Mon 05-Sep-16 11:03:30

Yes ive heard Mac are great & the tester lasted all afternoon. It's just they are a bit pricy!

MakeupMonster Mon 05-Sep-16 12:52:48

I haven't got Velvet Teddy, so not sure on how similar the colours actually are, but NYX Matte Lipstick in Eurotrash is supposed to be a dupe. If you google you can find comparison pictures (sorry have no idea how to post pictures!) Most lipsticks are about £5-6 so not as pricy as MAC! And the quality is pretty good, though I don't think as Matte as the MAC mattes, though this is probably a good thing if trying to avoid chapped lips!

Balletgirlmum Wed 07-Sep-16 22:07:18

Well dd & I took a trip into town today & she looked at the Rimmell one in Superdrug. She liked the colour but it was too shimmery so she bought a £1 MUA one called something Fawn which she says is really similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now