Should Harem pants be a bit baggy?

(7 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sun 04-Sep-16 12:03:01

Very late to the party/old duffer/a bit on the heavy side, I have ordered some Harem pants, as an alternative to jeans. Really nice fabric, charcoal grey. I envisage wearing them with woolly jumpers, long Ts and my black leather converse boots in the winter.

BUT - I think they might be a bit short. They reach my ankles, but there is no bagginess in the length. I sort of think the style should be floppy above my ankle. I'm 5'8" and 32" inside leg. I usually wear long leg trousers, but these just came in one length.

takesnoprisoners Sun 04-Sep-16 12:07:46

I ordered mine and returned them. It came up to 5 inches above my ankle and looked like a cropped legging. I think I am too big for harem pants. I am 5ft 8 as well, size 20.

BikeRunSki Sun 04-Sep-16 12:08:39

Mine come to my ankle, but no room to spare. Size 14.

takesnoprisoners Sun 04-Sep-16 12:22:10

Someone who is more into fashion would know more about this that I do. I am guessing that for Size 14, you should get some lovely ones. Maybe try ordering a couple of sizes bigger?

DameDoom Sun 04-Sep-16 14:01:44

I bought some Baukjen trousers that are a bit haremy. It took a good week of constant wear before they went all 'Hammer Time' but they did. They all do.

HappinessLivesHere Sun 04-Sep-16 14:31:21

Harems should come down to your ankle and be a loose fit, bit clinging to the leg at all. That's how they're designed so your normal size should work

LockedOutOfMN Sun 04-Sep-16 14:56:49

I'm 5'7" and size 8-10; I have a couple of pairs of size M harem pants from Zara and size S from H&M, and they all stop just above the ankle. They are all baggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now