Alternatives to Pixi Glow toner?

(15 Posts)
LordPeterWimsey Sat 03-Sep-16 11:25:43

I bought some Pixi Glow after seeing it recommended on here: the results are good and my skin is looking better but I really don't like the smell! Any recommendations for anything that does the same job but smells different?

ThatIsNachoCheese Sat 03-Sep-16 11:43:22

Bravura, it's been recommended to me, I haven't tried it yet but will when I run out of my pixi glow.
www.bravuralondon.com/collections/tone/products/detoxifying-eucalyptus-toner

cupofrooibos Sat 03-Sep-16 11:48:51

I really rate La Roche Posay Effaclar clarifying lotion. Often on offer in Boots too.

m.lookfantastic.com/la-roche-posay-effaclar-clarifying-lotion-200ml/11091820.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_bodycare&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&gclid=CK_mk9SC884CFc8aGwod-c0FrA&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJOW_tSC884CFc0x0wodE08FQQ

deltacrook Sat 03-Sep-16 12:01:34

I've not tired yet as I am still working my way through my pixi bottle but nip fab products have been recommended on here and I will be trying those next.

justilou Sat 03-Sep-16 13:57:45

Clearasil superfruits pads are excellent. They have also just bought out some cucumber and aloe ones that have the same ingredients, but I haven't tested the scent yet.

sammy891 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:52:49

I tried Pixi Glow before as well and later on purchased the Bravura toners. They are even better! The Ginsing one is a dupe for the Pixi Glow and I also have their Caleduna one which is really great.

LordPeterWimsey Sun 04-Sep-16 09:07:46

Great suggestions, thanks very much. I think I'll try the LaRoche Posay one first as I already use their face wash and moisturiser.

ninnypoo Sun 04-Sep-16 09:08:24

REN clarifying tone is also good.

SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 04-Sep-16 09:16:13

The clearasil ones have a lot of alcohol in them.
First Aid pads are good.

DifficultLemonDifficult Sun 04-Sep-16 10:42:29

Another vote for REN Clarimatte lotion here - gentle, fruity smell and makes my skins look great!

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 04-Sep-16 10:47:56

I didn't rate the Bravura products I tried.

I do like the Clearasil pads but they are quite astringent, abrasive and they smell a bit. However due to the high alcohol it doesn't smell for long! Still love them more than the very expensive First Aid Beauty ones I bought (I top up the FAB pot with the Clearasil pads because it looks prettier in my bathroom and I am vain).

Love Alpha H.

justilou Sun 04-Sep-16 14:35:56

Clearasil is great for summer-sweat-induced bacne and boobcne.

Daisy2315 Sun 04-Sep-16 23:45:52

I have also used the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner which I have had good results with.

PurpleDaisies Sun 04-Sep-16 23:48:57

A third vote for the REN one. I've had great results with it.

LordPeterWimsey Mon 05-Sep-16 07:03:18

Ah, I love REN stuff and it normally smells lovely - I'll look for that one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now