In search of the perfect LBD

(6 Posts)
peaz1 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:41:22

I'm looking for the perfect LBD to wear to my 40th party. I need something that I will feel comfortable in all day, and that I can dress up for the night but versatile enough so that it's not stuck in the wardrobe forever after my party.

I'm 5 ft 8, very generous around the waist (12-16 depending on which shop), big busts, long legs but will probably wear black opaque tops. Nothing strappy, no halterneck style or loose fitted. I'm thinking ruched waist, or a wrap dress but no ties or belts that will add bulk to my stomach.

peaz1 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:46:54

Sorry- budget is £50.

JamieVardysParty Thu 01-Sep-16 22:04:37

I'm a similar height with big boobs and long legs and have been eyeing up this from Lipsy. Tiny bit over your budget but really like the silhouette.

GaryGilmoresEyes Fri 02-Sep-16 08:26:45

I got this after seeing it recommended on MN.
www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/plain-black-twist-knot-dress/wf380/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=3467&dclid=CMioo6WMuc4CFY2v7QoddMUFZw#colour:Black,size:

peaz1 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:10:04

Love the Lipsy dress, but I think the belt will sit above my tummy and just accentuate it more.

The Simplebe dress looks great- I will measure up and see if it sits above my knee, if so it will be perfect!

Thank you both!x

SimplyNigella Fri 02-Sep-16 20:50:19

Have a look at the Boden Cressida dress in black, it's really flattering and versatile enough to wear to a party or to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now