Is staying natural the key to keep young looking ?

(8 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Thu 01-Sep-16 14:44:20

So I have mid brown, but reddish hair. I look totally nondescript as a brunette, blonde I can stop traffic - when it's just done, blow dried and shiny - rest of the time I look dishevelled in a way I don't think I do as a Mossey brown.
I cannot have blow dries once a week like I did in my youth, do I have to resign myself to being what feels like invisible tbh

rightknockered Thu 01-Sep-16 14:50:51

Could you go slightly redder? I think red hair looks amazing

rightknockered Thu 01-Sep-16 14:51:36

I have dark brown hair naturally, and colour it blue/black.

Pisssssedofff Thu 01-Sep-16 14:54:18

I was red when I was 18, it always made my face look quite red too though

Pisssssedofff Thu 01-Sep-16 14:55:47

I was doing a bit of FB (stalking) yesterday and a lovely girl I know, she's pretty anyway but she has dyed her long hair blonde and it looks lovely but she looks older if that makes sense. I just wonder if we should leave ourselves alone and that's the key - or do more lol

WholeL0ttaRosie Thu 01-Sep-16 16:06:23

I think the contrasts you can get away with when younger can look a bit harsh as you get older - jet black hair always looks ageing to me on older women, ditto strong eyeliner.

specialsubject Thu 01-Sep-16 18:17:10

exactly - those are the techniques that kids use to get into clubs, a ton of dark slap and darkened hair puts years on anyone. Not what you want later in life!

Pisssssedofff Thu 01-Sep-16 19:06:21

So lighter is better then ? Stick with the blonde ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now