Recommend me a lightweight waterproof...

(7 Posts)
Runningupthathill82 Thu 01-Sep-16 09:57:17

That will do for wearing to work on wet days over smart clothes, but also doubles as a running waterproof to run home from work in. Pockets and a hood are a must.

Said coat should also ideally be lightweight and compact enough to be easily shoved in a backpack for FRA races that require a waterproof en route.

My old Montane Atomic did the job for a while, but sadly the lining then disintegrated. Any ideas? Black or grey are the best colours really, as they go with everything work-wise. I found a great yellow OMM one but wouldn't be ideal for going to/from meetings!

MrsSeanBeanIsAtWork Thu 01-Sep-16 13:10:24

The Primark 'Parka in a pocket' are good lightweight (and cheap to replace if disintegrate) choice.

Runningupthathill82 Thu 01-Sep-16 13:29:15

I need something of a decent quality and breathable fabric for running in, especially for the FRA races where stuff like taped seams is usually mandatory, but thank you for the suggestion.

PNGirl Thu 01-Sep-16 15:01:05

Trespass Packa are decent - comes in black and half price atm. It's taped seams, breathable and has 2 pockets.

Runningupthathill82 Thu 01-Sep-16 15:03:31

Brill, thanks, I'll check it out. Have you ever run in one?

PNGirl Thu 01-Sep-16 15:15:03

Unfortunately not - strenuous walking holiday up Welsh slopes yes, but no running!

olderthanyouthink Thu 01-Sep-16 15:16:31

Uniqlo has this. Never tried it but have had good experiences with their other stuff. There's a longer version too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now