Toner / spot treatment??

(6 Posts)
CreamTeaFor4 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:21:41

I have been using a Garnier toner for a couple of years now, initially drawn to the salicylic acid ingredient - assumed thay would help control my hormonal spotty chin hmm

Then my teen DDs started using the toner too and it's probably helped to reduce her spotty forehead.

But the feckers seem to have discontinued the damn toner, argh! I've attached a picture of the one we've been using. Yes, it's a little bit sting-y and harsh, but seemed to keep the spots kinda under control.

Short of resorting to dodgy ebay sellers, what would you wise S&B ones recommend as a replacement? Bear in mind there'll be at least 2 teens in the house who'll use it (as though it's water, at no cost to them...) so I don't want to be forking out ££s. Ta muchly.

cheeseandmarmite15 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:37:51

Panoxyl and moisturise afterwards.

hollieberrie Wed 31-Aug-16 23:56:54

Clearasil pads. Not the fruit ones. The other ones.

CreamTeaFor4 Thu 01-Sep-16 09:16:55

What's panoxyl? Is it a brand or an ingredient to look for?

Will take a look at Clearasil pads, thanks.

TheOneWhoKnocks Thu 01-Sep-16 16:31:23

This will sound weird, but I find plain, not-very-strong black tea really effective as a toner. Helps to control oil, get rid of spots and fade red marks. I presume it's the tannic acid that does the job :-).

cheeseandmarmite15 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:01:33

www.weldricks.co.uk/products/panoxyl-aquagel-10-gel-40g?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShop"&gclid=Cj0KEQjwo5--BRCS8ceLjv-XppUBEiQAGp15EEou5mFiKchA4Dsf7xFaF0oKI4KxOfNTHdBqERC4fGcaAozF8P8HAQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now