writing letters to strangers

(1 Post)
Summerbluues Wed 31-Aug-16 22:54:46

Hi everyone

I posted this in _chat too but thought I may also get a few responses here!

So I'm someone who suffers massively from low self esteem. Over the years my confidence has gotten worse and worse to a point that my life has been fairly crippled by it. I have a couple of friends I can talk to but I never like to be that annoying, emotionally draining friend, so I find myself stewing in my own anxiety and worries a lot of the time.

I'm sure we've all seen a fairly recent trend of complete strangers leaving little notes in random places with a positive quote or a few words of encouragement (often see these on my facebook timeline on things like receipts for wait staff, pinned on a park bench, tucked into a seat at starbucks etc). So I have had an idea of somehow setting up a system where complete strangers can write letters/notes to others suffering from the same sort of problems. I was thinking of doing it in a way that I have a PO Box for people to write to, then I'll send on letters to everyone who sent one in.

I know it sounds a bit wishy-washy but I'm someone who immediately perks up when I see a few random words of encouragement and I just thought for all those people who don't really have anyone to talk to how nice it would be to send and receive letters "just because."

I only had this thought about 30minutes ago and honestly I don't even know how I would start. But can I get some general feedback? It's ok I am prepared to hear the worst!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now