Gap Sizing

(6 Posts)
PolaDeVeboise Wed 31-Aug-16 19:12:17

Can someone help with the above? I ordered 2 size 18 trousers, but the ones I've received say 'size 14' on the inside label (thought they looked small when I took them out of the packaging). When I phoned to query this, they say it's to do with the differing US/UK sizing. Surely if they're selling stuff in the UK, they use UK labelling?

TIA

soupmaker Wed 31-Aug-16 19:15:16

Not always. I'm a size 18 and have a few GAP bits which are labelled size 14 - which is the USA size. On the UK website I've always ordered by UK size and never had a problem.

Runningupthathill82 Wed 31-Aug-16 19:34:58

Some of my GAP size 8 jeans are labelled as a size four (American, presumably).

Have you tried the trousers on? You might want a smaller size anyway, Gap tends to come up very big.

PrincessHairyMclary Wed 31-Aug-16 19:41:56

I've recently lost weight and whilst on holiday wanted to buy some leggings as it was colder than I expected. Went to gap and was cheesed off to find the 8-10 pair of leggings I was buying was still a large. Needless to say when I got back to the hotel to put them on they were very baggy and it was a US 8-10.

I find their jean are quite loose but there fitted work trousers don't have much give in them.

PolaDeVeboise Wed 31-Aug-16 19:51:20

Well, that's the thing, I had heard they come up big, so am mortified to discover they wont even fasten on me (@ 5cm gap). sad

Allinafankle Wed 31-Aug-16 20:17:47

Years ago I completed one of those pop up surveys about the Gap website and I complained that they displayed things in different sizes - sometimes US, sometimes UK and - in the case of jeans - sometimes in waist sizes. I said it wa too confusing and they needed to pick one and stick to it. I didn't expect to hear anything else but they e-mailed me and thanked me for the feedback, apologised and gave me a voucher!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now