How often to bikini wax

(5 Posts)
JuniorMint Wed 31-Aug-16 19:06:50

Having let my pubic hair grow to full natural bush over the last few years since being pregnant and having DD (now 2 and a half yrs old), I now have a beach holiday coming up at the end of October. I went for a wax 2 and a half weeks ago- it was quite a big job! I was pleased with the results and have been carefully exfoliating/moisturising etc. However, it really has started to grow back in after just two and a half weeks. I read online that around six weeks is a good amount of time between waxes. Would it be silly to make an appointment after just three weeks? I think having had so much hair of different lengths that first time maybe I need another appointment more quickly, and that it will start to even out and go longer between appointments??
TIA for any advice/tips!

LordEmsworth Wed 31-Aug-16 19:15:42

I think you need 4-6 weeks and some patience I am afraid! That's how long it takes hair to grow, so you won't get them all and will be in the same position in another 3 weeks if you go now.

It is annoying that the lovely smoothness goes so quickly!

Goldenvalley Wed 31-Aug-16 19:17:57

This is why I don't get waxing. Mine is sore for a day or two then smooth and lovely for about a week and then it's stubbly, growing back etc for 3/4 weeks until the next appointment. What's the point? Hadn't I may as well shave it if I want it all lovely and smooth all the time?

JuniorMint Wed 31-Aug-16 19:19:52

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I see what you mean. I go away in 8 weeks time so am hoping to get a wax in a couple of weeks and then again a couple of days before going away. I have been really pleased with the results- I had always remembered itchy regrowth and ingrown hair from my youth but it's been great this time, apart from the quick regrowth!

JuniorMint Wed 31-Aug-16 19:21:26

Goldenvalley if I shave I get terrible ingrown hairs- red bumps etc, looks and feels awful. With the waxing yes the hairs have begun to grow back but the skin is unbroken and blemish free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now