Products for long haul flights

(22 Posts)
LC01 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:58:35

Any recommendations for products or regimes for a long haul flight? Just thinking what I can/need to take the flight.

rubybleu Tue 30-Aug-16 23:07:48

Honestly, not much. Some face cream, hand cream & lip balm is all you need in-flight. People who spend the flight carefully spritzing with Evian before thoughtfully applying suitably expensive moisturiser only happens in magazines in my experience!

If you are changing planes mid-way and have time for a shower, travel size face wash, deo, toothbrush & toothpaste are very useful.

(I'm currently sitting in an airport lounge half way through a very long flight!)

BrillianaHarvey Tue 30-Aug-16 23:16:31

Facial wipes for as thorough a cleanse as possible on take-off and an hour or so before landing. Facial spritz for intermittent hydration: try This Works In Transit Spray-On Moisture or Caudalie Elixir de Beaute. A lovely facial oil to give yourself something to do while bored. If you like, a deep hydration mask as ammunition against vile cabin air. An oil to comb through your hair before you tie it up and let the oil do its magic. Hand cream. Susanne Kaufmann leg spray is divinely refreshing on long-haul flights. Eye masks: I like the Bliss ones best.
And basic make-up for landing so you don't look too scary.
All in mini sizes, obvs.
I also like to add a day cream and eye cream for landing. And Annee de Mamiel Altitude Oil, which is antibacterial and soothing so good to snort on flights. And This Works pillow spray.
I realise some might regard this as a little extreme.

Misssss Tue 30-Aug-16 23:36:39

I regard long haul flights as the ultimate pampering opportunity. I takes some face wipes to cleanse, then I swipe an acid over my face. I then pop a sheet mask on. (My beauty diary do some ones that are fairly translucent. But I dgaf so I deal with the looks). I then put in all the serums, and moisturisers - save miniatures or decant your usual ones into contact lens cases. Before I sleep I put on a sleeping mask and "seal" with Clarins lotus oil. I have done toner spritz things too but I think they're a bit useless.

QueenofLouisiana Wed 31-Aug-16 09:21:53

Baby wipes to clean all over- I hate the sticky, sweaty feel of sitting for so long.
Facial wipes to remove all make up soon after take off, moisturiser to follow.
Deodorant and dry shampoo- used on the stop-over.
CC cream, nude eye-shadow pallet, mascara, benefit moon-beam and lip gloss.
Perfume- fresh and citrusy (I like Quercus)
I take Neals Yard travel roll on, refreshing and soothing.
Always clean underwear and a dress.

SmellOfPythonInTheMorning Wed 31-Aug-16 09:27:17

I slap on a thick coat of the By Terry rose mask. Wonderful.

DrSeuss Wed 31-Aug-16 09:28:38

I would personally be worried if my flight had been taken over by a regime. ;)

LC01 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:40:59

DrSeuss ;-) It was late and I was sleepy.

LC01 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:43:50

Lot's of great help here, many thanks. I'm now frantically googling all these new products.

specialsubject Wed 31-Aug-16 10:01:41

Moisturiser, lip balm, bottle of water.

Nothing that smells and no sprays. If you get stinky with anything perfumed in the stuffy atmosphere of the plane, you may make somene nearby vomit.

QueenJuggler Wed 31-Aug-16 11:11:46

*Baby wipes to clean all over- I hate the sticky, sweaty feel of sitting for so long.
Facial wipes to remove all make up soon after take off, moisturiser to follow.
Deodorant and dry shampoo- used on the stop-over.
CC cream, nude eye-shadow pallet, mascara, benefit moon-beam and lip gloss.
Perfume- fresh and citrusy (I like Quercus)
I take Neals Yard travel roll on, refreshing and soothing.
Always clean underwear and a dress.*

This.

Unless you're in Business Class or First, you really won't have the space to be doing much else. I once massively complained about a woman next to me on a flight using a very, very smelly and soggy face mask. It was making the cabin stink - and that's not funny in an enclosed space. Plus it was dripping - gross.

StrawberrytallCake Wed 31-Aug-16 11:14:32

My regime for travelling is copious amount of wine and a cashmere travel wrap to pass out sleep in.

StrawberrytallCake Wed 31-Aug-16 11:15:05

*please don't spray perfume on a flight!!!!

lasttimeround Wed 31-Aug-16 11:48:41

Effective roll on deodorant.
Toothbrush and paste
Wipes - cheap facial ones to use all over
Small tub of nivea.

CiderwithBuda Wed 31-Aug-16 12:02:06

I always take too much and never use it all.

So now it's just facial wipes and an acid toner followed by a facial oil, eye cream and lip balm. Toothbrush and toothpaste. I found some small packets of wipes in tk maxx designed for after the gym so I try to give a quick wipe under armpits etc. then deodorant.

Clean undies and t-shirt.

For landing I just do face again with moisturizer and then a BB cream, mascara and a tinted lip balm.

Brands depend entirely on what I have in my stash!

missmartha Wed 31-Aug-16 12:30:43

Who is that person who spritzes next to me and gets me damp?

Please do it in the loo, there just isn't enough room in cattle class.

shovetheholly Wed 31-Aug-16 12:33:34

Buy a HUGE bottle of water once you're through security. You need to hydrate a lot in my experience and they never bring enough water!

BiddyPop Wed 31-Aug-16 12:45:48

I always have my toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, travel sized shampoo/conditioner/shower gel, tiny moisturizer and hand cream in my carryon. As well as 1 emergency change of clothes.

I have had my bags not make it through from the hold once (on a work trip in the passing out heat of summer!!), and DH once too - so I always have a spare now to get me through 24 hours.

As part of the actual travel, I only tend to use the moisturizer, hand cream and toothpaste/brush (and hairbrush) on the plane/transit airport. Maybe a shower if I really had a decent chance. Deodorant if the flight is overnight or very warm.

I have on occasion had some sample sizes of serum etc. which were nice to use. But not essential.

Artandco Wed 31-Aug-16 12:49:34

Water to drink - they only give tiny cups so like to have own extra

Roll on deodorant.
Mini wipes
Lip balm
Hand cream
Gum

Then I can change top in loo and quick fresh up with wipes and deodorant before landing.

BiddyPop Wed 31-Aug-16 12:50:24

I forgot the Neal's yard roll-ons - they are lovely.

My deodorant is a roll-on anyway.

Not a beauty product but an eye-covering mask is very useful to get some sleep.

And YYYYYY to the large bottle of water (to offset the wine with dinner before heading off to sleep!)

specialsubject Wed 31-Aug-16 18:05:26

Even better, take an empty 1.5 litre water bottle through security and fill at a tap.

galaxygirl45 Wed 31-Aug-16 18:11:19

Unless you're in 1st class or business, I doubt you'd have much room - we last flew and bought seats in premium economy but it was still tight on elbow room for rummaging in your bag!! Take a huge bottle of water, I found that I was parched due to the tiny bottles they give you. Some vaseline in a small pot for dry lips and hands, and a pack of small baby wipes to use on hands and face. And a pack of sugar free polos for when your mouth gets dry. More than plenty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now