Shaving rash

(3 Posts)
Halloweenbaby Mon 29-Aug-16 11:36:25

About to have dc1 and the last few weeks each time I shave I get a horrendous shaving rash, angry red and dark spots ect I just look horrid. Have been using tend after each shave but it doesn't work. I have used a range of sensitive shaving foams and even tried conditoner and razors from cheapies to £15. Is there anything that will help ease the rash? As it's leaving horrible looking scars too. I've tried waxing but think I always seem to get dry skin/ eczema in the area, that's pre pregnancy too. Haven't tried hair removal cream as I'm not sure it gives a close 'Shave' and also worried about burn marks ect. I suppose I've always been a little bit sensitive to hair removal, I do suffer from acne too which is normally cleared up by a (rare) sunbed but obviously haven't been able to go on so my whole skin is now just a mess.
TMI but I normally shave everything off down there but wondering if that's a good idea in case of stitches ect?

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 29-Aug-16 11:42:27

No need to shave or remove hair at all.All it is potentially doing is increasing discomfort (itching etc) and increasing the risk of infection.Best of luck.

jingscrivvens Mon 29-Aug-16 13:23:10

Wouldn't worry about sorting yourself out down there, if you need an emergency section they'll shave you. For the last 2 months of my pregnancy I couldn't reach to sort out my bikini area or see what I was doing so I went in au naturale. Nobody cares and neither will you in the throws of labour!

Congratulations flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now