Nars sheer glow vs Estée Lauder double wear

(10 Posts)
saythatagainagain Sun 28-Aug-16 11:56:08

I think I've made a mistake in buying the sheer glow instead of my usual double wear! Any one made the same swap and not regretted it?

TheMonkeysOnTheTable Sun 28-Aug-16 11:59:55

Sorry - not made that swap but was thinking about trying the sheer glow out. What don't you like about it?

saythatagainagain Sun 28-Aug-16 12:27:16

The coverage isn't as good, it feels like it will slip off easily and I think I look a bit greasy! Or have I been an Estée Lauder addict for too long??

I'd say ELDW (have used in the past) is much more matte than sheer glow. Sheer glow is neither sheer nor especially glowy but it's not one I would have thought of as a replacement for ELDW.

Why were you swapping from the EL, maybe there's a better option we can suggest. You could also try using a setting spray which helps the sheer glow stay put.

HamSandwichKiller Sun 28-Aug-16 12:42:26

They do totally different things - if you want/need full coverage sheer glow isn't going to be a good plan B

saythatagainagain Sun 28-Aug-16 13:25:04

Sometimes I think Estée Lauder double wear makes me look tired? My skin cares not been very good since I had dc and I'm permanently tired so thought something like sg would make me look a bit brighter but I just feel sweaty confused

Every now and again veer to another foundation and end up regretting it sad

camembertqueen Sun 28-Aug-16 13:26:56

I have been an avid user of DW for ten yrs. After pregnancy I found my skin type changed so didn't need to be sooo matte. I have just tried L'oreal infalliable matte pro and it is actually amazing! Highly recommend. Good coverage but no so cakey, lasts all day!

I find that with DW, my go to day to day foundation is Lancome Tient Idole 24hr, really long lasting but not as matte so I look a little more alive! And a finish of urban decay setting spray

AnnaT45 Sun 28-Aug-16 15:03:20

I swapped from DW to Sheer glow and love it. I get a lot of compliments on my skin! I get bugger all sleep with a 19 month old who still doesn't sleep well at night and a three week old. People tell me I never look tired. I always say it's down to Nars! I found DW looked a bit thick on me at times and if my skin was dry it really showed. The coverage is better with DW though.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 28-Aug-16 15:09:00

You might be feeling sweaty because it is humid and sweaty out anyway.

I much prefer the Nars, but it's a personal choice. Why don't you leave it and try on a cold,r drier day, so you see how it will be then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now