How much to tailor (create from scratch though) a shirt?

(5 Posts)
theclick Sat 27-Aug-16 22:05:23

I'd like to get a few blouses made that copy these from a brand called Realisation Par as the real ones are a bit too much for me. How much would I be looking at? Obviously the reason I would want to get them made would be so they're cheaper!

Labyrinthian Sun 28-Aug-16 18:07:36

I've had a number of high end shirts tailored in Vietnam using Egyptian cotton, high end fabrics - $40 a shirt. Just a comparison price for you. I don't know how much it would cost at home

AnnieOnnieMouse Sun 28-Aug-16 18:18:12

As you don't have a pattern, the seamstress would have to design one, especially to fit you, make a mock-up, order the fabric, cut, sew, fit, finish and all for under $200. It may be worth it if you plan to have several made at the same time. Also, you would be asking someone to pirate an existing design.

ITCouldBeWorse Sun 28-Aug-16 18:25:37

So you want someone to create a knock off pattern ( it won't be identical) and adjust to fit you, then Hand-make some in different fabrics (which will handle diffeently).

If you buy decent fabrics and pay a reasonable hourly rate, you would probably do better to at least buy one to reverse engineer.

Bit cheeky though, can't you look for a similar pattern?

theclick Mon 29-Aug-16 22:32:47

Thanks all. I've looked everywhere for a similar shirt, ASOS have one but not really the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now