Gudrun Sjoden's flipping minimum online and catalogue orders

(9 Posts)
dailymaillazyjournos Sat 27-Aug-16 15:34:42

I don't know if this is a 'thing' but I tried to order a pair of leggings £22 online for DDs birthday. I've never bought anything from them before. Got as far as filling in name/address etc and a sign flashes up about the order being too small. I phoned the London shop who suggested trying from their mail order side and gave me phone number. Same thing. £40 minimum spend. Is it me or is this cheeky? If I went into the shop and bought them I'm sure they wouldn't send me back to find something else to bring total up to £40! I live about 250 miles from their UK store. So I just abandoned the leggings idea. I'm unreasonably menopausall today so feel rather peed off about their policy.

Julia7369 Fri 07-Oct-16 17:48:40

I thought I was the only one!! I tried to order some really lovely patterned leggings, one in pink, one green. 40quid minimum order. I am utterly menopausal and really pissed off. I want those leggings.

banivani Fri 07-Oct-16 21:46:36

It's not unusual in Sweden. :/ Getting rarer but still around. 40 pounds is high though. It's usually 150 kr here.

banivani Fri 07-Oct-16 21:50:34

It's 300 kr minimum spend for Gudrun Sjödén here btw

TheVirginQueen Fri 07-Oct-16 22:32:07

I had a look at that site for the first time today (a friend on facebook liked it) and I've never seen such a dreadful collection of frumpy shapeless gaudy rags.

be grateful your attempt to buy hideous leggings was unsuccessful. Keep looking. there will be nicer ones.

Julia7369 Sat 08-Oct-16 17:56:08

Result! Emailed them and they told me to call them and for one time only I can order under 40quid. I finally get me leggings. Most happy. Still think its annoying though.

BikeRunSki Sat 08-Oct-16 17:59:29

I think they charge you to return stuff too don't they? Not just postage but a handling fee or something. I'd quite like to but from them, but the minimum order and returns policy puts me off.

coolpotato Sat 08-Oct-16 18:53:52

Agree Virginqueen, I've never seen such a collection of baggy, hideous clothes in my life. I kept hearing about them, but was sorely disappointed when I took a look. I'm glad there is a min £40 order requirement - I think it's doing most of us a favour!

TheVirginQueen Sat 08-Oct-16 19:40:18

Phew not just me, I don't mean to be mean, I know different strokes etc but I prefer simpler clothes, well cut fitted classics that flatter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now