Dry scalp

(4 Posts)
KanyesVest Sat 27-Aug-16 15:21:59

Hairdresser mentioned when cutting my hair that I have a patch of dry scalp. I had forgotten that he had said it about 3 months ago when I previously got my hair done but I'm a suspicious sort so ignored it on the basis of having no intention of buying a "special shampoo". I've never had it or any skin issues before. Could it be a new shampoo causing it? I usually use the kids anti nit tea tree shampoo from aldi, no conditioner or products, sometimes blow dry. I don't wash my hair every day, maybe 3 times per week, but I do usually wet it in the shower in the morning. Do I need a different shampoo?

chocolatespiders Sun 28-Aug-16 23:11:19

Overnight rub some coconut oil into the dry bit

KanyesVest Mon 29-Aug-16 17:45:46

I've heard of that for cradle cap, didn't think of it for myself, thanks. Will go buy some.

wowfudge Mon 29-Aug-16 19:32:09

DP has a terrible flaky scalp and complains it itches after washing properly so he doesn't shampoo more than once or twice a week. Nizoral seems to help, but is a bit of a faff. The Neutrogena shampoos all contain salicylic acid which is designed to lift the flakes off, but that could also be an irritant. I've just got him some E45 shampoo to give that a try. Might be worth a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now