Perms???

(6 Posts)
flippityflip Sat 27-Aug-16 07:47:48

Does anyone still get a perm and what do you ask for? My hair is wavy not straight but not curly,I far prefer when I can leave it to dry 'naturallyish' ie let it go wavy but always have to sort of tidy it up after as it goes a bit crazy bag lady looking totally by itself. I suit it better curly than straight,so had been wondering if a perm might be a way of saving time and having it the way i like without having to put in lots of effort everyday.
For ref what I'm going for is number 3 on this link so not even sure if you can achieve this kind of look with a perm, if you can what do I ask for?
http://stayglam.com/beauty/47-hot-long-bob-haircuts-and-hair-color-ideas/

Dafadddu Sat 27-Aug-16 13:05:56

Those are curly blow drys. A perm will certainly not give you a look like that.

Dafadddu Sat 27-Aug-16 13:06:56

Younger women do have perms though. But go to a training collage. Much much cheaper and they do appreciate your custom.

flippityflip Sat 27-Aug-16 13:55:45

Thanks!Totally clueless here!Can you get a looseish curl with a perm or does it have to be a tight curl?

imjessie Sat 27-Aug-16 16:25:42

You can et a loose perm but they won't look like that . That's simply done with tongs .. Google loose perms to get pictures.

ZaraW Sat 27-Aug-16 16:46:45

That style is really popular in Bangkok I was told the Thai women have digital perms have no idea how much styling they do themselves to achieve the look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now