tan Dr martens flora boot wearers, can we reconvene?

(37 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 26-Aug-16 12:58:42

I've got mine now and I just can't decide. The colour is fine and it'll probably age well but something is holding me back. They are loose around the foot and I feel like they may be making my feet look bigger. Has anyone else felt this? Maybe I'd be glad come winter with my thick chunky socks but I don't want them to sit gathering dust as an unused 'bargain'.
I couldn't get away with wearing them with skirts, at my height they are just tall enough to cover the most slender part of my leg! I like them but I'm not sure they are right for me! Fifty quid for docs tho....

jenniuol Fri 26-Aug-16 13:44:38

I sent mine back blush I liked them and liked the colour but found them quite wide and so so uncomfortable. I live in skinny jeans and could just not figure out how to wear them with them. Tucked in looked wrong and they kept coming out anyway. Turned up showed my socks. I have raynauds so can't do without socks. They just didn't look 'right' on me no matter what I did.

doctorboo Fri 26-Aug-16 13:46:54

keepon I saw your post on the other thread and meant to come back and reply. I'm seriously not sure about mine but love the £50 price tag...
I think they do look quite 'big' but I kinda like it. I'm not 100% on the height of them.
For me I'll def be in leggings with socks or 100+ denier tights more for winter, both teamed with denim or cord skirts...probably...
My current lack of ankles means I couldnt comfortably wear them now with jeans. feel very vain saying this; but I know my legs will drop 2 trouser sizes and my ankles will return once I start exercising again so that's putting me off returning them.

ootsideinbacktaefront Fri 26-Aug-16 13:48:18

Where do you get them for 50 quid!!??

keeponkeepinon Fri 26-Aug-16 14:13:33

I'm worried they'll be like the hudson horrigans I bought, worn once and heading for eBay!

Ootside (love the name btw) they were from office but there was a 25% discount on at the time.

doctorboo Fri 26-Aug-16 14:50:41

ootside get thee to Office online and see if the discount is still on 🙂

After my indulgent wanky last post, I've tried them on again and love them too much to send back.
Im wearing my cropped skinnies in the pics.

ootsideinbacktaefront Fri 26-Aug-16 16:08:07

Oh my broken stingy heart, I bought them a month ago for 110!! Gutted.

ootsideinbacktaefront Fri 26-Aug-16 16:08:46

They are beautiful thoughsmile

FelixFelix Fri 26-Aug-16 16:16:12

I'm the OP of the original thread smile I sent mine back and bought the cherry red instead. I love the actual style of the boots though and they look great on. I've never worn mine with jeans as it makes me look stumpy as hell. I always wear with tights, thick socks and a dress in winter.

If anyone is interested in the cherry red, I found them for £75 on eBay.

doctorboo Fri 26-Aug-16 16:59:09

ootside do they still look unworn? Still have the box? any chance you're within the 30 days and could take them back... they're £67 (no extra discount) in Office at the mo...

Felix Hey Original Op! The cheery do look lush, if only it was closer to December I could ask for them as a sensible birthday gift.

GypsyFl0ss Fri 26-Aug-16 19:21:11

I've kept mine but not worn them yet. They will need thick socks and insoles as I'm between sizes but they fit really neatly around ankles.
I also bought the cherry red and black and returned them both as they were so very different in shape and looked massive around my ankles.

Blueberryblueberry Fri 26-Aug-16 19:40:18

I got mine after reading the thread on here. Was prepared to send them back as thought they'd probably be clumpy, make my feet look huge and let's short (problem I had with lace up docs years ago). However I sized down and they feel and look great (I think!) Just need to break them in now... I quite like the colour actually. Have previous had knee high boots in a similar orangey tan colour though and wore them loads. Can you tuck the jeans in? I've tried mine with jeans/leggings and quite like them. Not sure they look ok with skirts/dresses on me because of my legs.

keeponkeepinon Fri 26-Aug-16 19:57:02

Ooo doctor they look good on you!

keeponkeepinon Fri 26-Aug-16 20:35:57

Just tried mine on again. I'm keeping. They'll be fab with thick socks in the depths of winter. Now to find a coat that'll set them off perfectly...

doctorboo Sat 27-Aug-16 07:32:13

Yay keepon !

I showed DH mine last night and he thinks they look nice - he liked the price tag, haha.

Btw which Hudson's did you get? I googled them and loved some of the colours & styles.

keeponkeepinon Sat 27-Aug-16 07:44:09

Hudson Horrigans. In beige. They are lovely, they're just not me iykwim. I even had a sole protector put on by a cobbler because I was worried about the leather soles wearing out. I'm going to sell them because they are just in the box now.

MrsLogicFromViz Sat 27-Aug-16 09:46:40

They look fab! I love my DM Violas and as I'm a 9, all shoes look big.

doctorboo Sat 27-Aug-16 10:32:36

keepon and MrsLogic I love the Hudson Horrigans and the DM Violas - if only I had more than £30 in my account 😂

ootsideinbacktaefront Fri 02-Sep-16 20:19:22

This is an odd question but what handbags do you wear with them, I don't think any of mine 'go'that well.

doctorboo Sat 03-Sep-16 08:16:45

This is my bag, I'm looking for a similar style in a darker colour I like the idea of dark blue, midnight-ish shade for Autumn/winter. Or maybe conked brown?

I wore my boots out for a walk in the woods yesterday and my heel bones were bloody sore after a hour and half. I think I need some socks with a thicker ankle bit - sorry I know that's not the right word but I can't think of it blush

doctorboo Sat 03-Sep-16 08:19:06

Oh I forgot to add I've ordered a couple of denim skirts from m&s so hopefully my winter uniform will be soft jumpers, skirts, tights and the boots.

ootsideinbacktaefront Sat 03-Sep-16 10:35:27

Love that bag doctor.

doctorboo Sat 03-Sep-16 12:32:19

oot I got it off of Groupon a few months ago, real leather.
Very similar to these ones (see pic) currently available on there for £19.99 and is available in 7 colours.
Mine has two small zipped side compartments and a large zipped middle section too, if that makes sense? I'm now eyeing up the burgundy, grey and black...

doctorboo Sat 03-Sep-16 12:33:05

Helps if I add the pic::

ootsideinbacktaefront Sat 03-Sep-16 17:26:21

Wow great price, may need to purchase smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now