Hair cut for a 30 year old...

(10 Posts)
90daychallenger Fri 26-Aug-16 10:11:54

Inspired by another thread but not TAAT.

I'm 30 and I find it really hard to style myself appropriately. Clothes I think I'm okay with, I've kind of settled on just buying whatever I like the look of and bollocks to whether it's too young or too old.

But my hair I really struggle with. I had a short pixie for years and have grown this out to a choppy blonde bob. It looks okay but blonde bobs are classic middle aged middle of the road hair territory, right?

So what do I do instead? I want something cool and funky but not that's going to make me look like a teenage-wannabe.

I'm not a quirky dresser so something whacky would be make me look a dick. I don't work in a particularly 'professional environment'- jeans and trainers are my usual work garb.

C'mon ladies, give me your ideas...

90daychallenger Fri 26-Aug-16 15:08:02

Bumping for help with my Hilary Clinton look-a-like stress

PNGirl Fri 26-Aug-16 15:19:14

I'm 31 and mine is in a layered, wavy style just touching my shoulders. A bit like Alexa Chung here.

www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjOg_eLo9_OAhVJQZoKHQ7bAN8QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ukhairdressers.com%2Fstyle%2520diary%2Fpage22.asp&bvm=bv.130731782,d.bGs&psig=AFQjCNHWuDQuMGK7h8_85hoOnEW18HNLTg&ust=1472307526996353

Could you grow it a little bit longer?

JamieVardysParty Fri 26-Aug-16 16:12:54

Mine's a similar style and texture to PN's link. I think it ticks the boxes you're looking for. I've got very dark hair but have got rose gold balayage to lighten it.

If I was blonde, I would either go a very light pastel or silver.

90daychallenger Fri 26-Aug-16 16:31:55

I am trying to grow it a little bit longer. I'm not keen on the centre parting in that woman's hair, I worry mine would end up looking lank and greasy. But I do like to wavy. Does it take you long to style? How on earth do you blowdry waves like that into your hair and not make it like a frizz bomb?

Jamie I used to be a bit silvery when I was bleaching my hair but I found it a pain to maintain and I actually looked about 95. Off to google a light pastel...

JamieVardysParty Fri 26-Aug-16 19:07:11

I don't have the centre parting because I've got a bit of a cow lick so have the parting off centre and a side fringe. I curl my hair with straighteners and then comb through with my fingers. Morroccan oil is good for combatting the frizz.

Seriously would love to be lighter just to have pastel hair. You can get those chalks just to try it out without taking the plunge.

PNGirl Sat 27-Aug-16 08:44:17

You don't - you blast it straight, use a fat curling wand then run fingers through. In mine that's all I need to do every 3 days.

90daychallenger Tue 30-Aug-16 08:36:06

Thank you both! Lots of food for thought here.

I've thought about the hair chalks before actually.

HappinessLivesHere Thu 01-Sep-16 08:56:06

Mines very Kristen Stewart... Unintentionally!! Just past shoulders, dark brown, lots of choppy layer.

90daychallenger Thu 01-Sep-16 09:59:26

Happiness Thanks. I do love her hair.

I've decided to take a range of photos to the hairdressers tomorrow and pick up some pink hair chalk on Saturday to give some colour underneath.

I'm going to ask her to style it like Alex Chung as you've all suggested.

Here's hoping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now