can you suggest a top or dress for a night out?

(13 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Aug-16 14:40:36

Really finding it hard to find anything I really love at the moment. Smart casual night out, either skinnies or a dress but I can't find anything!
Sticking to high street prices, nothing too strappy or short skirted. Broad shoulders, boobs, knees covered unless it's involving black opaques. I like botanical prints and simple designs. All the bardot and cold shoulder stuff does nothing for me!
What's stylish at the moment?

FauxFox Thu 25-Aug-16 15:50:02

Oasis have lots of nice prints in midi length dresses this is nice

keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Aug-16 16:57:19

Very pretty thank you fox, but too dressy for the occasion really. Maybe a print top and skinnies or a plainer dress? I'm going to proper pubs as well as bars and I would feel overdressed in that.

Oasis shirt

Warehouse cami

Warehouse shirt

keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Aug-16 17:44:22

Great links remus. The camisole is pretty but a bit strappy, I need to cover my shoulders a bit more.

I really like both skirts but sometimes I end up feeling a bit matronly what with the boobs. The black one may have a tie at the waist though am I right? If this could be pulled in a bit at the waist then maybe?

keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Aug-16 17:57:40

I also don't like a shirt to be too oversized as I think it adds bulk. What do you reckon the size is like? I got a checked shirt from oasis early in the year and sized down but it is still quite baggy. I'd prefer it to fit neater in a tailored sort of way.

Blueberryblueberry Thu 25-Aug-16 18:18:58

What about a shirt but left open with a little Cami under it? Maybe a long line necklace/pendant with it?

DavetheCat2001 Thu 25-Aug-16 18:57:44

This is a pretty top from Oasis. I have the dress in the same pattern too. Not sure what size you are, but they pop up on eBay (not on the Oasis website anymore).

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oasis-Chelsea-Bell-Sleeve-Top-Size-10-BNWT-/191954184405?hash=item2cb15c68d5:g:R40AAOSwaB5Xp3Wo

AmberNectarine Thu 25-Aug-16 19:00:49

I was coming on to suggest the warehouse cami remus linked as I am wearing it right now! They also have a jumpsuit and dress in the same print.

AmberNectarine Thu 25-Aug-16 19:01:30

I have a Boden 50s Cardigan on over it which covers the shoulders but shows the print as it's cropped

keeponkeepinon Thu 25-Aug-16 20:01:05

Thanks all, I'm tempted to try the black butterfly shirt Remus linked - its all in the fit and I can't tell without trying it on. Do you think its right for a night out?

Great minds, Amber! Too much norkage here these days to get away with Warehouse silk camis, sadly, but I used to wear lots of them. I love the print of this one. A little cardigan over it is a good suggestion.

keeponkeepinon Wed 31-Aug-16 22:08:23

Tried the warehouse shirt linked by remus. It was huge, was really surprised. Really massive all over so it'll be going back.

Back to the drawing board!! confused
Why can't I find anything I like?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now