Anybody started buying for Autumn/winter yet?

(15 Posts)
user1471888857 Tue 23-Aug-16 08:09:13

I can't help but buy things already and it's still August.
So many nice things in the shops.
Anybody else?
Or is just me jumping the gun.

MadSprocker Tue 23-Aug-16 09:58:49

I know it's deeply unfashionable on here, but I found a couple of tunics from SeaSalt I liked, only to find out that one is sold out in my size. So buying stuff I really like, so I don't miss out.

Glittershoes22 Tue 23-Aug-16 10:05:26

Not just you! I have pinned ALL the things I want and am waiting for the 1st September when I can legitimately buy Autumn clothes and accessories! I always buy at the start of the season to get the most wear out of it. Secretly hoping for some bank holiday discount codes and will order then!

LavenderEverywhere Tue 23-Aug-16 10:05:58

Yes because I have lost a ton of weight since last winter so I am enjoying slurging on replacing my whole wardrobe from an 18 to a 14 grin

I have a lot of stuff to buy so I am trying to spread it over the months. My 16 yo DD is really enjoying coming shopping with me and picking out stuff I wouldn't previously have even looked at or found in my size.

user1471888857 Tue 23-Aug-16 10:28:50

I bought these yesterday and love them.
I know boots in August but they were mega mega cheap and I just fancied a change from black boots.

lasttimeround Tue 23-Aug-16 10:33:28

Oh yeah - brown Chelsea boots to supplement my rather knackered brown brogues which I try to have rehealed and if not possible replace in sale
Grey coat
2 fine knits from zara.
I'm in Scotland it's been autumn all summer so this is totally legit

user1471888857 Tue 23-Aug-16 10:56:47

Last- I'm from the north east and we've had a rubbish summer too.
It's been miserable

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 23-Aug-16 11:07:40

I bought some long sleeved t-shirts from Hush with star prints on them. I would question their quality but they're pure (very thin) cotton which I wanted and I love stars.

A pair of tan suede ankle boots in a sale (will be worn lots once I spray them).

A greyish khaki trench coat, again a sale purchase, just wanted something a little grown up for a change (about time too)!

I love autumn and winter clothing, I feel like an exposed blob in summer clothes.

missmartha Tue 23-Aug-16 11:29:49

Well I'm not buying any more summer clothes for this year. I've got enough.

So, I've bought tan suede ankle boots.

That's it so far. There are coloured vests with thin straps on some kind of offer in M&S. I just got one to see how I like it and can se how they would work well as both t shirts as well as vests. They're new in though so I guess they're for layering. Gorgeous colours btw and will get a few more.

I do need a warm hooded coat, I've got jackets that are still good from last year plus a long woollen coat so I'm not coat needy.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 23-Aug-16 16:00:13

This summer's been rubbish - I've bought a few things for autumn, and have a bit of a list going on. So far I've bought some black suede Chelsea boots (which like the poster above, I need to spray), a few long-sleeved blouses, and am waiting on a gorgeous coat being delivered. I've also stocked up on new opaques. I really need a decent new parka with a hood.

candykane25 Tue 23-Aug-16 16:17:07

Yes and instead of traditional Autumn colours I've been buying brights and neons for Autumn. Nothing majorly exciting, just long sleeves t shirts from gap and j crew.
I also loved my regatta old gold Bayer summer waterproof jacket so much, I've just bought an Autumn padded longer version.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Tue 23-Aug-16 16:58:39

MartinRohdes I think I might have seen the star tops in a catalogue a while ago. Have they arrived yet? Let me know what they're like as I was debating ordering too!

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 23-Aug-16 17:28:56

They are a lovely colour and the design is nice too but the cotton is very, very thin thestylethatdecadesforgot. The quality is not impressive tbh.

I am usually a 12-14 (more 14 on top) and bought large as I wanted a slightly Sloppy Joe look (and to allow for shrinkage).

I haven't worn them yet so I don't know how they'll wash.

Love the starry design though! star

thestylethatdecadesforgot Tue 23-Aug-16 22:48:57

Aw that sounds a bit of a shame. I just bought a light part wool thin jumper from next and I've washed it only three times on gentle and air dried it and it has a hole in the shoulder and three on the hem. I'm so disappointed!

bingohandjob Wed 24-Aug-16 00:22:29

Ecco winter boots (want to go somewhere really cold and snowy for Christmas) and snapped up Uniqlo heattech stuff in sale - warm, thin and great under dresses etc I'd normally only wear in warmer weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now