Anyone got a Didrikson Viola?

(10 Posts)
thestylethatdecadesforgot Sun 21-Aug-16 19:14:41

Looking for reviews online and can't find any! Like the look of it on vikingkids website but don't want to risk it until I've seen a few reviews.

I'm looking for a casual coat but one that will keep me warm and dry while pushing buggy and controlling three others on bikes/scooters etc!

I'd also like a longer but smart one from Didrikson but don't know what to chose, they're a bit boggling!

thestylethatdecadesforgot Sun 21-Aug-16 19:26:59

Also just seen a few on the Seasalt website but not sure how warm they'd be. Any experience?

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/waterproof-outdoor-technical-jackets/rain_coats/true-north-long-waterproof-coat_fathom.htm

And

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/waterproof-outdoor-technical-jackets/rain_coats/tiller-short-warm-fleece-lined-raincoat_galley.htm

cheeseandmarmite15 Sun 21-Aug-16 19:30:53

I will be getting a Didriksons Lina in Turtle for my winter dog walks. I like the big pockets for dog leads and spare poo bags and the chest pockets for keys and cash/cards as i like to be be hands free.

I got a navy Didriksons last year and whilst warm it isn't overbearingly warm like some coats and is breathable.

www.didriksons.com/en-xx/products/lina-womens-parka_162500979191

thestylethatdecadesforgot Sun 21-Aug-16 19:33:28

Looks nice cheese!

I'd like something that will do me both Autumn and winter really but not sure on the technical specs.

cheeseandmarmite15 Sun 21-Aug-16 19:38:44

I like the Vega in denim melange as well.

www.didriksons.com/en-gb/products/vega-womens-parka_162500983769
I've got a Seasalt hellweathers Mac but didnt wear it much last year as it was very hot to wear, didn't seem breathable at all. I'm not a hot person either. I don't know what the Seasalt ones you've linked to would be like.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Sun 21-Aug-16 20:47:44

That's interesting about the hellweather. I think I might have to see where their shops are and have a try on.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Mon 22-Aug-16 18:56:52

Hmm, well the Seasalt website said there was a concession in a John Lewis near me so I went today. The concession isn't there any more. Good start!

But...they had Barbour jackets which I'm not usually too keen on but I saw this one and tried it on, it's lovely! But £239, ouch.

m.johnlewis.com/barbour-equine-waxed-coat-olive/p/1591715

thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 25-Aug-16 09:38:10

Bumping for any more suggestions or reviews, though I realise the boiling heat th last week has not been conducive to coat hunting! I can't even look at pictures of people wearing coats!

QueenofLouisiana Thu 25-Aug-16 14:00:28

I've got a lina, or at least an earlier version of it. Fab for wearing on fog walks, playground duty, on the rugby touchline (which is why I bought it, the coat has out lasted DS's rugby interest by at least 2 seasons!).

thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 25-Aug-16 22:41:43

😂 is the Lina a longer coat? I just realised that the viola I linked to at the start is actually a shell jacket so it's unlikely to cope with winter. Think I might go with the Barbour if I can save up a bit and wait for a special offer weekend at John Lewis! Seeing as it's not on the Barbour website anywhere so it must be old stock...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now