Body Shop Oils Of Life (think this may have been done before)

(9 Posts)
MissMalbec Fri 19-Aug-16 15:19:15

Hey,

So have read good things and possibly on here a while back.

Care to share your thoughts? I know there's an oil and an oil based cream and was unsure which one, if any, to go for.

If you've had results, what kind of results?

TIA

MissMalbec Fri 19-Aug-16 18:12:43

Oh. Maybe this actually has been done to death confused

LabRats Fri 19-Aug-16 21:36:48

Bumping as I'm interested in this too.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Fri 19-Aug-16 21:42:31

I made my own version of the oil after someone posted a recipe. It was ok. Smelt nice.

There seemed to be a rash a positive reviews soon after it was launched which made me hmm

heatherwithapee Fri 19-Aug-16 22:01:16

I've been using the oil since November and the cream since Jan. I like it and it works well with my combination skin. Gives me a dewy looksmile
Quite pricey but lasts ages (just bought my second bottle of oil last month - so the first one lasted about 7.5 months). It's rarely included in offers but IS discounted on the special 'Love your Body' members days they have.

ArieltheMermaid1720 Fri 19-Aug-16 22:06:40

I use the night cream and really like it, it smells lovely and my skin looks well. You get quite a lot in the tub so it lasts for ages.

boltoflight Fri 19-Aug-16 22:53:21

I've been using the essence lotion, oil, day and night cream for approx 2 months, I'm approaching the end of my first night cream tub and have repurchased another.

Its good stuff and has really helped with keeping my skin clear and improving it's appearance generally. However I have dry skin, and the day cream isn't as moisturizing as I'd like, even with using the essence lotion, oil and then day cream on top. It can sometimes feel quite heavy/oily when using all three products layered together.

Why not go to the Body Shop and ask for samples? I saw the rave reviews going around the fashion blogs, and went to the Body Shop in my lunch hour, said a friend had recommended it and asked for samples to test. They happily gave me some, I tried it that night, loved the smell and went back the next day for the full product smile

However saying that, I found the Aldi Lacura Caviar day cream two days ago and decided to risk the £6.99 to give it a go and I'm finding that its working so much better for my dry skin. As soon as I get a chance to go back to Aldi, I'm going to get the night cream and switch to them instead.

Welshcake77 Sat 20-Aug-16 06:50:48

I got a tester of the oils of life but wasn't keen. Found it too oily and didn't properly sink in. The lady in the shop had suggested I try the oil of youth instead so I went back to get a tester and she was right, it was much better for me. I've been using it for nearly four months and my skin feels firmer and looks fresher.

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 20-Aug-16 10:51:21

It is a nice oil, I use oil as a last step every night and it is one of the ones that I use, alongside other oils that are just as nice. I've just got to the bottom of this rosehip seed oil and it was just lovely. I'll probably re buy but I fancies a change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now