How many outfits is too much?

(9 Posts)
RonSwansonsBestFriend Tue 16-Aug-16 15:19:10

I'm just interested as I LOVE shopping but feel I now have 'enough'.

I have every capsule item (except a leather jacket with gold metal).

I now won't buy anything till proper Autumn sets in and then I won't buy much.

Does anybody shop like me and just buy things you feel you need or do you buy on a whim, ie, if I saw a lovely summer dress, I wouldn't buy it as I have enough, would you buy it anyway?

I consider myself quite stylish (if one can admit to such a thing blush) and plan my outfits so it's not a lack of interest.

Whatdowedo Tue 16-Aug-16 15:41:18

I honestly think I have a shopping addiction.
If I see something I like I just buy it.
I was planning Autumn outfits in June.
I much prefer Autumn/winter clothes and I can spend hours on pinterest.
I'm looking for the perfect winter coat but going to wait before I splurge.
I bought a lovely cream and blue striped jumper for Autumn yesterday ..can't wait to wear it

dragonsarebest Tue 16-Aug-16 15:52:41

I can and do buy things on a whim but the vast majority of purchases are planned. I research the hell out of everything. Sometimes by the time I find the "perfect" whatever I'm just not interested in it any more, or I buy it and then return. I'm a serial returner too, my credit card statement looks like revolving doors. It's all about the chase I think blush

RonSwansonsBestFriend Tue 16-Aug-16 16:11:45

dragons...I think we may be soul mates grin I can't keep track of spending as I return so much....,

maggiethemagpie Tue 16-Aug-16 16:35:06

I am a shopping addict (particularly in sales) but I have started trying to make use of old, forgotten items at the moment in order to save money
It's like getting new clothes for free! (well almost). This week I rediscovered an old maxi dress I'd lost heart with, been wearing it all week in the sunny weather and also been using some old sandals I had forgotten about. I've gone through my wardrobe and put all the clothes I've not worn for a bit to one side. Those I really don't like anymore can go the chazza shop but the rest I am going to make a concerted effort to wear again even if it's just once.

I've actually found about 10 items that still have potential, which has saved me £££ on new clothes and made me realise that I usually shop just for the 'thrill of the new' and don't actually need new stuff at all.

dragonsarebest Tue 16-Aug-16 17:41:42

Ron yes. Omg yes. Every month I go through my statement with a pen to make sure that all the returns have been credited ok. I got better for a bit but the sales have done for me.

Tbh the last two things I bought were BN on ebay, both specific items I had been hunting down for months (literally) and that's when the planned purchase works well. I've told myself I definitely don't need any more clothes atm though...like you I have plenty of lovely outfits. Also, now that everything's full price again I hope that I'll be put off from spending, returns or not ;)

maggiethemagpie Tue 16-Aug-16 17:49:39

I do wonder if there are many people who are 'serial returners' (I definitely am - have to make the most of my amazon prime membership!) and how much this pushes the price of clothes up as the clothing companies must make a loss on all that carriage! I did go through a phase of ordering expensive, high heeled shoes like irregular choice, to wear a few times at home (I work from home ) and then send back, but one pair in particular I fell in love with and had to keep so I tend not to do that so much these days.

clearsommespace Tue 16-Aug-16 17:59:11

I have enough. I shop to replace an item which is worn out. I don't like shopping much so often don't have quite enough because I don't have enough patience to find a good enough replacement. My one pair of sandals which I bought in 2013 is not going to last another summer. I didn't find any as good this year. I may have to compromise next year or go barefoot! Needless to say I rarely post here but it was in active combos!

clearsommespace Tue 16-Aug-16 17:59:40

Convos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now