Dermalogica Active Moist - worth the $$?

(10 Posts)
KoalaDownUnder Mon 15-Aug-16 07:21:49

I'm after a night moisturiser that does only that: moisturises. Early 40s, combination skin.

I already use 1% retinol at night, and an SPF 50+ during the day. I don't want anything with acids, retinoids, fragrances etc.

Anyone used this? Would you recommend? TIA! flowers

JedRambosteen Mon 15-Aug-16 07:26:55

Active Moist is good, but no SPF - you need one of their other products if you want a product with SPF. If your skin is sensitive due to your retinol, go for the sensitive skin variant (small Purple stripe on the bottle). I have been using their products for 10+ years now & they really suit my problem skin. They are expensive, but a little goes a long way. How about a skin consultstion with a Dermalogica therapist? They can advise on the best products for your skin type.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 15-Aug-16 07:30:16

Thanks Jed - skin is not sensitive at all, just meant that I don't want to overload it and make it sensitive, IYSWIM.

I'll definitely not use it during the day; just after something for alternate nights when not using the retinol.

I could go for a Dermalogica consult, but only really need the one product at the moment.

HeyMacWey Mon 15-Aug-16 08:44:30

I used to use active moist. It's a lovely light moisturiser that'll do the job perfectly.
I also use la Roche-posay if the budget is tight.

Summer23 Mon 15-Aug-16 12:58:17

I think it's worth it. I've tried many different brands but I'vr come back to this as it works for me.

witsender Mon 15-Aug-16 13:00:57

I love dermalogica. I use the skin smoothing cream, but they're all good IMO.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 15-Aug-16 13:03:55

Thanks all!

JasperDamerel Mon 15-Aug-16 13:05:18

I used to use it but then found that I was actually fine with much cheaper moisturisers.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 15-Aug-16 13:07:49

Jasper, which ones, please? Cheaper is always better; I just don't want to put crap on my face.

Acorn44 Mon 15-Aug-16 13:25:28

I am same age and skin type as you. I switched to Clarins Multi Active Night for normal/combination skin which I prefer. I also love Elemis Hydra Nourish Night Cream though it's only available from salons/online I think? Highly recommend both - moisturising but don't cause blemishes. Clarins counters will let you have free samples .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now