Can anyone recommend a good shampoo?

(13 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Sun 14-Aug-16 19:17:21

At the moment I use kukui oil shampoo and conditioner and although it smells great and my hair looks great after I blow dry, it gets greasy the next day. Sometimes I end up having to use dry shampoo in between but I hate the way it dulls my hair.

I've tried bed head which was just horrendous, it didn't agree with my hair at all sad and I've used Elvive clay which I thought was ok.

I have combination hair where the roots get quite oily and the ends are dry. Should I be washing my hair everyday? I've heard it's bad for your hair but I'm thinking I don't have any other options!

Cellardoor23 Mon 15-Aug-16 01:18:03

Bump.

Does anyone know what i should be looking out for? My hair is naturally wavy but fine and lots of it.

suze28 Mon 15-Aug-16 01:22:54

I've tried the Elvive clay shampoo and thought it awful. My hair is oily at the roots so I use Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo no2 which I find works really well at cleansing. I then use any old cheap conditioner on the length only.

Cellardoor23 Mon 15-Aug-16 01:29:59

Thanks smile I'll have a look at it.

DramaAlpaca Mon 15-Aug-16 01:39:41

I like the Paul Mitchell shampoo too.

I've also just discovered Aussie Mega, which I really like.

Trashbox Mon 15-Aug-16 02:05:16

Mark hill

Shylo Mon 15-Aug-16 02:07:39

I have fine wavy hair in abundance, which is always set by nature and my best and favourite shampoo is redken all soft. Not the cheapest but so worth it

Indecisivejo Mon 15-Aug-16 05:42:03

Try the body shop banana shampoo and matching conditioner

pinkieandperkie Mon 15-Aug-16 05:54:16

I like the Aussie shampoo and conditioner, especially their 3 minute miracle. Also love John Freider go blonder shampoo.

annielostit Mon 15-Aug-16 06:56:29

I'm getting on with the elvive clay shampoo at the minute, and using redkin could conditioner on the ends. My hairdresser says never on my (greaseprone) roots.
The all soft shylo,is lovely.

Cellardoor23 Mon 15-Aug-16 18:21:04

Thanks for all the responses smile I think I'll give Paul Mitchell shampoo a go. I didn't see it in boots so I think I'm going to have to order it online.

I straighten my hair a lot so I think that's contributed to the dry ends even though I get hair cuts regularly. I'm not sure I can pull off the natural look. I've tried it before and I ended up looking like Monica from friends when her hair went poofy lol

MarjorieFrangipani Mon 15-Aug-16 18:29:50

I too have greasy roots and potentially dry ends. After many trials with different brands the best I've found is the Aussie shampoo, but particularly the 'Mega'. It gets my hair so clean it squeaks but doesn't dry it out. My hair is highlighted and I find the Elvive for coloured hair (red bottle) really good.

polyhymnia Mon 15-Aug-16 19:49:16

I only use Kerastase, Davines and Aveda. All excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now