Clothes made of natural fibres that aren't totally shapeless?

(7 Posts)
LordPeterWimsey Sun 14-Aug-16 08:25:35

Does anyone else have this problem? I like natural fibres, hate wearing polyester or acrylic. But I'm an hourglass shape, and clothes in the fabrics I like always seem to be designed for someone straight up and down. I'm feeling really fed up having ordered several things all of which hang like sacks!

If you like natural fibres and have a waist, where do you shop? I'm looking for casual stuff: for work I wear suits and have less of a problem.

Cristiane Sun 14-Aug-16 08:26:27

Cos is good but you have to search out there and try lots of things on

Waitingforgodot Sun 14-Aug-16 08:27:05

Watching with interest

user7755 Sun 14-Aug-16 08:28:55

Me too

banivani Sun 14-Aug-16 09:09:47

Ditto. I don't think there is much, honestly, if anything. I think RTW patterns are simply designed for bigger waists/smaller boobs. Also we know so little about clothes this days - no, rather we are so accustomed to jersey and stretch that most people find it hard to accept the restricting nature of close cut non-stretchy fabrics, so RTW is made (unnecessarily) roomy to attract customers. Whi then probably don't wear what they've bought coz it's ill fitting and so it continues...

LordPeterWimsey Sun 14-Aug-16 09:50:35

Bother. I feared that might be the case. Will look at Cos (though I really hate shopping so the thought of spending ages looking through and trying stuff on depresses me).

DianaT1969 Sun 14-Aug-16 10:01:01

While I really like COS, due to the minimalist design, I find that most of their clothes have high necklines, which doesn't do much for big boobs. I scour the rails for V necks and open necks but there are few. There's also the danger of the boxy shapes hanging straight down from my boobs in a matronly tent shape. Having said that, my favourite day dress is from there and they're good quality - worth pursuing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now