Help me choose an outfit for a date tomorrow!

(19 Posts)
sorryformyself33 Sat 13-Aug-16 21:59:15

I have a first date with a man I met online tomorrow - we are going for lunch and drinks in a lovely town near where we live. Forecast is for sun.

What on earth do I wear!? I'm pear shaped, size 10. Not keen on getting my (pasty and a bit chubby!) legs out and I like at least a short sleeve on my top half (also pasty and chubby arms!). My best feature is my small waist I think. Most of my clothes are from oasis. I'm not good at dressing for the hot weather - usually wear a t-shirt, skinnies and sandals but feel like I should make more of an effort.

puglife15 Sat 13-Aug-16 22:13:14

I hate dressing for hot weather too.

Given the date is tomorrow, you don't have time to buy anything new - what are your options? How about skinnies, sandals but a smarter or prettier top?

wobblywonderwoman Sat 13-Aug-16 22:19:04

Could you wear one of your nicer tops with statement jewellery and pretty sandals.

I think if you are happier in your normal clothes - wear them but just the best version of them

Ilikedogs Sat 13-Aug-16 22:22:48

Do you have a maxi dress or skirt? They are a good warm weather option. Comfortable but still look nice

sorryformyself33 Sat 13-Aug-16 22:23:48

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/dresses/ditsy-skater-dress/059519.html?dwvar_059519_color=00&position=41&cgid=dresses#page=4&start=41&categoryID=dresses

I have this dress but I don't know if its too much! what do you think?

sorryformyself33 Sat 13-Aug-16 22:24:39

Maxi dresses and skirts look completely awful on me! I'm very short and they just make my bum look massive.

Hotpatootieblessmysoul Sat 13-Aug-16 22:25:25

Dress is lovely op go for it

2protecttheinnocent Sat 13-Aug-16 22:25:57

No i think thats pretty.

What are you going to wear with it?

sorryformyself33 Sat 13-Aug-16 22:36:21

I was thinking just with gold sandals (its almost knee length so not too much leg) and some simple earrings. I've got a red cardigan I can take to cover up if it gets colder. Not sure if a dress seems like I'm trying too hard though?!

WiggleYourWoo Sat 13-Aug-16 23:15:15

Very pretty dress, just perfect for the occasion smile

Skilfull Sat 13-Aug-16 23:17:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PurpleDaisies Sat 13-Aug-16 23:19:18

Is this some sort of humour that's gone over my head skilfull?

Op that dress is lovely. Have a great time. smile

Crocodillian Sat 13-Aug-16 23:23:47

Well Skilfull made me laugh. She obviously doesn't like dating.grin
Op, the dress is nice, I like Oasis clothes. I dont think that the dress is trying too hard, but I do know what you mean. Sandals will provide that balance and dress it down just a bit, but not too much. Good luck op

WiggleYourWoo Mon 15-Aug-16 10:22:58

So how was the date? smile

sorryformyself33 Mon 15-Aug-16 11:51:26

Hello! thank you all for reassuring me! Missed what Skillfull said before the deletion but I'm sure she's got her own issues to deal with.

The date was so lovely and my outfit was perfect for the occasion. We spent the whole afternoon in the sunshine going to nice pubs and exploring the area. He commented on how nice my dress was too smile I'm seeing him again on Thursday.

PurpleDaisies Mon 15-Aug-16 13:40:19

Excellent! Really glad it went well. What are you wearing on Thursday?

sorryformyself33 Mon 15-Aug-16 14:03:09

oh dear purple - I havent thought of that yet! any suggestions?! I do have time to go shopping...

macnab Mon 15-Aug-16 14:30:33

I'm wearing that dress today (at work) smile

Glad your date went well, where are you off to on Thursday?

Is it time to go lingerie shopping yet? wink

Crocodillian Tue 16-Aug-16 09:07:44

Glad to hear that you have a second date op, do update us with outfit no2 if you have time.
I interpretted Skilfull that way too; I think she's had a few bad dates, she was trying to be amusing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now