Stylish Walking Shoes

(15 Posts)
CheeseGerm Sat 13-Aug-16 10:19:42

I'm looking for comfortable, supportive shoes that I can throw on with a pair of jeans/shorts, a dress, skirt at home, on a beach break and on city breaks.

I currently wear some extremely comfortable pixie style shoes in beige that go with absolutely everything, very understated so go unnoticed. They're also made of flimsy material so mould to my feet. The only problem is the soles are not made for heavy wear and my feet are always sore after a day of walking in them.

Does this kind of shoe exist?

hollyisalovelyname Sat 13-Aug-16 13:20:37

Bump

Cellardoor23 Sat 13-Aug-16 20:22:28

I was thinking the exact same thing! I walk everywhere too and it's hard to find a pair of smart shoes that are also practical. Hotters Is quite good though.

chough Sat 13-Aug-16 20:35:51

Cellardoor, I immediately thought of Hotters, but did not like to mention them on a Style and Beauty thread.
I love them, but can't help thinking of them as the shoes that dare not speak their name.

ChicagoDolls Sat 13-Aug-16 20:45:02

I wear croc ballets or Nike roches (sp?)

CatherineDeB Sat 13-Aug-16 20:51:30

I wear Camper Ballerinas and Pikolino shoes. Not quite sure one style (of mine that is) suits both skirts and jeans.

I bought these this year and have worn them with everything, very comfortable, really supportive, well made - love them, prefer them to my Campers.

My ten year old loved them too- serious shoe envy, so much that when she outgrew her current Campers she chose a blue pair as a replacement.

I don't profess to be stylish though tbh. I would look at Camper, Pikolino, Geox and Merrel.

Cellardoor23 Sat 13-Aug-16 20:52:45

Lol what's wrong with hotters? I've heard m&s foot glove shoes are supposed to be good as well.

Roseformeplease Sat 13-Aug-16 20:53:25

I have just bought brown leather Campers that look like Converse but are really, really comfy. They cost £££ and I am putting the kids up a chimney to pay for them but they are foot heaven. I have just done a week at the Edinburgh Festival walking miles in them.

CatherineDeB Sat 13-Aug-16 20:56:21

Rose are they the ones with the elastic lace that ends on one side? DH & I both have them, they are going on for ten years old shock, still look fab.

I find the european brands worth the spend. I was a complete Camper girl until I found Pikolinos.

Cellardoor23 Sat 13-Aug-16 21:06:55

I quite like the look of supergra. Does anyone know if they're any good?

KanyesVest Sat 13-Aug-16 21:07:49

I bought a pair of lace ups recently. Foot pillows.

Cellardoor23 Sat 13-Aug-16 21:32:17

Superga sorry my stupid autocorrect.

jclm Sat 13-Aug-16 21:38:32

Clark's Funny Dream. These are wide fitting and so comfy. Not so trendy sorry!

PickAChew Sat 13-Aug-16 21:46:22

I've ended up living in trainers.

Been wearing these a bit lately. I can't get away with wearing them every day, as they don't provide quite enough support for my poor feet and ankles, when walking miles and miles, but they're so cute and incredibly comfortable!
www.scrooge.co.uk/s/443032/Nike-Free-5-0-Print-749593-001.html

I would love a pair of more shoe like shoes, but have yet to find a pair that I can walk from one side of the room to the other in without pain or falling over! I can do boots in winter, which makes life a little easier.

PickAChew Sat 13-Aug-16 21:48:33

And I love Funny Dream, but they hurt one of my heels when I try them on. I just know they'd rip me to shreds and I'd have the indignity of falling over in them because Clarks don't seem to believe that women should have wide, flat soles - they're all rounded, which makes them too unstable for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now