Tell me about your most comfortable bras

(25 Posts)
loopyfeckinlu Fri 12-Aug-16 09:51:58

After going through many an underwired bra and being sick of the digging in and wires escaping I decided to try non wired.

Whilst they are more comfortable the shape is awful and I get under boob irritation from whatever substance they put on the band to keep it in place.

I would normally go for a full cup underwire. Could this be the reason for the wires digging in my armpits?

I just want a tshirt style bra, with a tad of padding that I don't want to rip off after 30 mins!!!!!

Thankssmile

Missgraeme Fri 12-Aug-16 09:53:15

I have an asda under wired with a bit of padding. So comfy and only £4!!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 12-Aug-16 10:06:34

Is the cup the wrong size if the wire Is digging in your armpit? M&s do a super comfy memory foam bra

bearofnothingness Fri 12-Aug-16 10:09:03

this but only if you're under 38 c

Lweji Fri 12-Aug-16 10:10:38

What are your measurements? And bend over without a bra to measure around the breasts.
And what sizes are you buying?

Are your breasts round shaped, also on top, or are they fuller at the bottom?

Lweji Fri 12-Aug-16 10:12:20

See this link for how to measure and to find the best bra for you
thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.pt/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1

loopyfeckinlu Fri 12-Aug-16 14:51:23

38 and 49 blush Currently wearing a 40D blushblush

loopyfeckinlu Fri 12-Aug-16 14:52:18

Oh and I'd say fuller at the bottom but not as wide as they are at the top. Thank you!

2protecttheinnocent Fri 12-Aug-16 14:58:31

Wow no wonder your uncomfortable in pretty sure you more like a 38H, your cup size is totally not a dd. Can you get to a bravissimo they are great are fitting. Try a properly fitted bra and all your problems will be gone.

PacificDogwod Fri 12-Aug-16 15:01:28

Yy to properly fitted bra.

I like Fauve Balconette bras (34G) here

For comfort M+S Secret support vests (the supersoft ones in the DD+ range) or those stretchy bralet tops - I got 3 pairs in ASDA (touch of class) for not a lot of money and I use them to sleep in and to loll around the hourse. V comfy.

Buttwing Fri 12-Aug-16 15:21:54

I'm a 32g and I've just bought a nude smooth t shirt bra from fig leaves it's so comfy it's by fantasie and its £22 sorry I can't do links but yy to being properly fitted.

Lweji Fri 12-Aug-16 15:23:49

Yes, definitely start with a 38H, then try sizes around, remembering that you go up a cup size with a smaller band, and down a cup size with a wider band.

Don't be afraid of going up cup sizes, scoop all breast tissue into the cups and make sure they feel comfortable.

Lweji Fri 12-Aug-16 15:27:52

Also try different shapes.

A full cup looks empty on top on me, which would make me think I needed a smaller cup, but balconette in the same size is perfect.

As you do have larger boobs, make sure the band is wide, and so, supportive and more comfortable.

loopyfeckinlu Fri 12-Aug-16 15:28:24

Thank you!! I don't have a Bravissimo near me but am happy to order a stack of styles online to find one that suits!, though 38h does sound quite scary!

Can any larger of boob ladies recommend any style of bra to look for, there's so many?!?

KatharinaRosalie Fri 12-Aug-16 15:32:26

I find Fantasie Rebecca very comfortable, have it in all colours. It claims to be balconnette but in my opinion fits more like a full cup.

Lweji Fri 12-Aug-16 15:41:50

I'd try first different shaped cups to find which work best for you.
Then order a larger variety around that shape.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 12-Aug-16 15:43:04

oh and yes, you have probably been wearing full cup as if the cup is too small, this one hides the overspill the best. Once you find your right size, you might like another cut better.

timelytess Fri 12-Aug-16 16:04:22

this
Says it all, really.

2protecttheinnocent Fri 12-Aug-16 16:05:59

I have this long line bra in several different colour ways, I love a long line bra as it offeres great support and keeps me comfy all day long.

Pinkheart5915 Fri 12-Aug-16 16:08:22

I find the curvy Kate bras comfortable, they do from D+ cup size

LadyMonicaBaddingham Fri 12-Aug-16 16:10:25

I'm 38H and I find 'Freya' brand bras to be the most comfortable for me. But definitely get to a Bravissimo store if you can, they're great!

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Fri 12-Aug-16 16:12:33

Another one for the ASDA/George t-shirt bra (I'm a 36 - 38 D), wish I would have discovered them years ago.

KitKats28 Fri 12-Aug-16 16:34:43

2protecttheinnocent that looks really nice. What shape are your boobs though?

2protecttheinnocent Fri 12-Aug-16 16:53:27

Well having breatfed 3 babies they are sort of udder shapes lol blush e.g. if I mean forward they droop quite a lot od I'm sat upright they are more bottom heavy than too. Oh and just in case I'm a 34GG to H so not small. Hth

loopyfeckinlu Fri 12-Aug-16 18:00:41

Thanks all. Going to try bravissimo online and see how quickly how I can max my credit card out. Will plan a trip to a store if I don't get on with any I've ordered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now