Where do you get your tights? I'm happy to spend up to £8 ish!

(21 Posts)
Swifey Fri 12-Aug-16 05:32:08

I have one beautiful pair which I remember were about £8, (don't know the make though!) but don't seem to be able to find similar quality again. Opaque and black/navy and or grey, in fact maybe even burgundy?? This is Autumn/Winter obviously grin

Archduke Fri 12-Aug-16 05:55:32

THESE will satisfy all your opaque tights requirements.

MrsDilligaf Fri 12-Aug-16 06:39:08

Seconding Archduke's recommendation. They are very comfy and mine still looked okay after 3 months (I wore them loads!!)

I will definitely get some more for this autumn/winter.

SpaghettiMeatballs Fri 12-Aug-16 06:43:33

Third vote for the Autograph tights.

Their cotton ones are amazing too:

www.marksandspencer.com/40-denier-fine-cotton-tights-1-pair-pack/p/p22083958?image=SD_02_T60_5443_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp&pdpredirect

SillySongsWithLarry Fri 12-Aug-16 06:54:21

Opaque I get from Primark they are surprisingly good.

Swifey Fri 12-Aug-16 07:32:58

Thanks v much! Have looked at the m&s ones, and also found some colours on there too! Do you size up? I am a 12 and 5'5" and usually get a large as I hate them being too tight (not flattering!) and I hate it if the crotch keeps working its way towards your knees!! wink

albertcampionscat Fri 12-Aug-16 07:35:40

Over budget, but Tabio tights are AMAZING. I've fallen over and grazed my leg wearing them and the tights have been fine.

OverAndAbove Fri 12-Aug-16 08:13:27

Oh I came on to say Autograph too. I'm stocking up this week but all my old ones still look ok!

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Fri 12-Aug-16 08:23:17

I also like the Autograph tights but if you'd like different colours the John Lewis ones aren't bad either: m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-60-denier-velvet-touch-opaque-tights/p/435641

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 12-Aug-16 08:32:21

Over budget but Wolford every time. They last and last and last. I will never buy any other tights as they are a false economy.

OverAndAbove Fri 12-Aug-16 08:33:33

I've not seen the JL ones but will definitely check them out as Autograph don't usually do a dark navy. I love good tights - somehow they make my day that bit better...

#shallow

chanie44 Fri 12-Aug-16 08:39:34

I have falke and wolford tights which I picked up cheaply in tk maxx.

CheeseFan Fri 12-Aug-16 08:48:59

I am really liking some H&M ones I have at the moment. They are the ones that hold you in and about £8 for two or three pairs. Have lasted me ages!

dragonsarebest Fri 12-Aug-16 09:20:46

TK Maxx when they get their Falke tights in. Usually around the £6-8 mark. The Autograph ones are alright but they've changed the fabric in the past few years, now the even the fine cotton ones have a sheen in some light. I have a thing about matt opaques that are actually matt.

OhHolyFuck Fri 12-Aug-16 09:53:35

Matalan! Bought some in a rush as my others had laddered and they were the only shop around, they are amazing!

strawbsers Fri 12-Aug-16 10:16:02

I'm going to say M&S too - although they do change the sheen levels from one season to the next and I also found that they had a phase of not using very good cotton fabric in the breathable panel (it was too thick and left a sweaty feeling although the latest ones I have are OK and back to the old version). For the money, M&S is best. If you fancy a change, look at some of the online retailers but I find that they miss out crucial detail in the description (waistband width and breathable panel or not). If you want to browse posh brands at a higher price go to Debenhams or John Lewis - where you can check the waist band and sheen look etc.

ChishandFips33 Fri 12-Aug-16 15:24:58

I have navy ones from Tesco 140 denier and they are fab!

They were selling them off a month or so ago but hoping they'll bring them back (and the teal ones they used to do) for winter

bingohandjob Fri 12-Aug-16 15:58:48

These are brilliant...great range of colours, wash really well, keep their shape. I think M&S tights have lost it. John Lewis winter range also good. You can often find discount codes for the UK Tights website too www.uktights.com/product/114/charnos-opaque-60-denier-thick-tights I've also had the 100D from Charnos for freezing weather - they're excellent.

squoosh Fri 12-Aug-16 16:01:24

I have falke and wolford tights which I picked up cheaply in tk maxx.

This is what I do too.

Another vote for M&S Autograph. I'm a 12 and 5'2 and get small or medium depending if I'm buying on a feeling fat day or not!

Wolford are good but only at sale prices - they also come up v big.

trinity0097 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:52:34

Tesco luxury opaque ones, I have some going strong that are a couple of years old and I tend to wear tights almost every day barJuly and August!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now