Regular Facials

(7 Posts)
Pupsiecola Wed 10-Aug-16 18:02:56

Do you have them? What sort? Why do you have them (specific reason, general relaxation etc.) and how often, and do they make a difference?

I used to have a monthly one pre-children, before I worked (14+ years ago). I've not had one in years though...

LC01 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:41:12

I've started to have a regular facial, every month. I have little bumps under my skin, they never turn into spots, but at 45 (very nearly 46), it's making my face look older. We think it's where I use too much product, so been trying really hard to reduce the amount I use and it seems to be working, slowly.

My local salon uses declor, so that includes a back massage before hand, which is fab and best of both worlds in my option, but it's not cheap.

Pupsiecola Thu 11-Aug-16 00:06:41

Thanks LC01. I had a Decleor facial a couple of days before my 30th birthday (17 years ago) and I had a dreadful reaction to it. My face was so burnt I had to sit with ice cubes in a flannel against it for much of the day. I have very sensitive skin and this is one of the reasons I'm hesitant now (although I have had a few since, and only one (non-Decleor) which caused a similar reaction.

ProjectGainsborough Thu 11-Aug-16 09:38:40

I'm thinking of doing this. Most of my S&B dollar is spent on clothes, but you wear your face every day, don't you?!

Jungfraujoch Thu 11-Aug-16 09:42:43

I've been having mini Elemis facials at my local Debenhams. Usually every 4-6 weeks, just 30/40 mins. There's usually an offer to pre book 4 and get a discount.

singleandfabulous Thu 11-Aug-16 10:06:25

Yes, I started seriously a year ago as my skin was dry & oily and losing tone and wrinkling. I also had dpider veins and brown patches.

A year of peels, facials, RF, IPL, botox & fillers have turned my skin into that of someone 10 years younger. strangers compliment me. costs a bloody fortune though.

WiltingTulip Thu 11-Aug-16 12:36:23

I was starting to but decided to invest in dermalogica face products at home. Within a couple of weeks my skin was great so I have now bought more products and have no need for facials.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now